Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Taris: any tips for how to get rakghoul infection?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Smuggler
Taris: any tips for how to get rakghoul infection?

markcymru
01.07.2012 , 02:43 PM | #1
I've wandered all over Taris. I've fought plain-vanilla rakghouls, intermediate rakghouls and gold-star rakghouls. I've done it solo and with Corso. I've allowed myself to be killed repeatedly.

But no dice. No infection. The green clock counts down to about 49 minutes and then re-sets itself to 1 hr and 30 minutes. Every now and then I get a message saying Catalyst failed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

NFLWookiee
01.07.2012 , 02:48 PM | #2
I was having a problem with this yesterday, until someone gave me the same tip I'm going to give you. Move into the area where the infection should take place. Go into the mission screen and reset that specific infection mission. After I did this, the first red rakghoul I faced infected me. It literally took 25 seconds. Good Luck!

Bobbyrab
01.07.2012 , 02:50 PM | #3
You poor soul haha...

Yeah, go to the quest "zone" and fight a red one...I had to restart the quest (can do so in your quest long, press L).

Pretty quick it should say you've been infected. It should not take long at all. Just remember to fight red ones.

bsmolke
01.07.2012 , 03:04 PM | #4
The best way to simply leave this planet and never return to the buggiest location in game

markcymru
01.07.2012 , 04:24 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by bsmolke View Post
The best way to simply leave this planet and never return to the buggiest location in game
That was going to be my next move !

But now I think I'll do the re-set manoeuvre instead -- thanks, NFLWookiee and Bobbyrab !

Vwyn
01.07.2012 , 05:39 PM | #6
I just got rid of my companion after realising he was taking all the aggro.
Dismissed him & got infected on the first Rakghoul I attacked.
But to be honest the whole area is a buggy nightmare so it may have been coincidence &/or luck
(████████████████╠█־־]]]███{₪}{₪}███[[[־־█╢█████████████████)

-Azimov-
01.07.2012 , 07:20 PM | #7
The infection is a standard debuff you can get hit with even if you not on the quest, just people aren't looking for it then.
As said just make sure you take some hits from them, or monitor Corso's debuffs so you know what types were hitting him with it.

LysandriaSW
01.07.2012 , 11:33 PM | #8
I had problems with this mission as well. I kept seeing the "recently infected" debuff but no dice. After reading some of the comments on torhead.com I found out that you need to get multiple stacks of the debuff...I had only been getting one. Pretty much I had to put my companion on passive and take on a group of easy rakghouls myself. As soon as I got more than one stack the mission objective clicked to complete and I was able to turn it in.
Clearly, I'm not a gundark... my ears are too small

C-mot
01.08.2012 , 08:30 AM | #9
i took the quest and then left the planet for republic fleet to do a flashpoint. i got the message the mission failed, but when i returned the mission was still active and the infection timer started again (90 mins), but i couldnt get infected.

i abandoned the mission and restarted. this time i directly went to the infection area and got infected by the 1st mob.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side."

EchoTwoOmega
01.08.2012 , 11:32 AM | #10
Abandon the quest and talk to the quest giver again. This should fix it.

Make sure you solo when you talk to the quest giver. I am not sure if it is a bug, but the person who wins the roll and gets the serum injection is the ONLY one who can get infected.
Squadron 367