Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Prequels

Maldayn
12.14.2011 , 03:48 AM | #1
I was never a big fan of Star Wars, but anyone who watches the original trilogy, well they enjoy it, and enjoy them I did.

The prequels... well, I could never get why I didn't like the prequels so much. They never grabbed my attention, and I never had the urge to watch them again. To my amazement, I found out why it just felt like something wasn't right, and this man tells me why:

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/s...hantom-menace/

Very, very highly recommended watch. Entertaining to boot.

Weekend BETA Edition VIP

Mordegrus
06.07.2012 , 09:41 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Maldayn View Post
I was never a big fan of Star Wars, but anyone who watches the original trilogy, well they enjoy it, and enjoy them I did.

The prequels... well, I could never get why I didn't like the prequels so much. They never grabbed my attention, and I never had the urge to watch them again. To my amazement, I found out why it just felt like something wasn't right, and this man tells me why:

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/s...hantom-menace/

Very, very highly recommended watch. Entertaining to boot.
I don't like the Prequels either.
They were so full of flaws.
Well, to me they did.
“Equality is a lie…A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow—those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence.”

Wolfninjajedi
06.07.2012 , 09:43 PM | #3
You guys should really ask him to run for President of the world, im sure he would do very well.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
06.07.2012 , 09:46 PM | #4
I like both trilogies. Shocking I know, but I'll tell you why I like them. I like the OT for the story-telling and the PT for the action scenes. The PT was mainly about the action catering to the newer more violent generation. Everybody has their own opinions and it's nice to see people voice them. Whether you like PT or OT or both.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Captain_Zone
06.07.2012 , 10:01 PM | #5
The novelizations of the Prequels made them tolerable for me, but for the most part I agree. I feel no need to watch Anakin go all emo/nerdRAGE again. Hayden is a decent actor sometimes, when he has good direction. George's direction, however, wasn't very good in the Prequels. And he even admits he sucks at writing dialogue. It is what it is.

Original OT is my favorite Trilogy. Not the latest remake, but the Original. Every once in a while, I'll pop in the first re-release for the added scenes, but the best was where Han Shot. No reaction shot from Greedo. Yet even in the first re-release, RotJ was still pretty much intact with no Hayden at the end defiling that third ghost spot, and without the Frankenvader NOOOOOOOO!!!! when throwing Palpatine over the railing.

It's my view that Classic movies shouldn't be tampered with. Or if they are, at least give the fans a choice as to which ones they prefer. If the latest Blu-Ray had included the Original OT along with the latest remakes, I don't think anyone would complain.... ok, scratch that. SOMEONE would complain. But it wouldn't have been near as many as now.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"