Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

somethings missing

Tharag
01.07.2012 , 02:19 PM | #1
ok so if this was already discussed before, i apologize in advance ...

but something is missing, and it finally dawned on me. Flashpoints ...

sure there are flashpoints on the space station, but what about the planets?!? i'm currently 33 and currently on Alderaan, and realized that each planet, although has its heroic areas, and heroic missions, it lacks something more substantial like Flashpoint missions.

so why hasn't BW put any in from the planets?

the station FPs are all given to me from the Jedi Counsel and are of importance to the Republic, but in this enormous universe there have to be critical things of importance to the individual planets personal, economical, and political growth.

if this MMO is to grow and survive, it needs to stretch its branches out in directions that do not follow the class story line.

maybe i;m worng, maybe i;m not seeing something yet, but so far its very linear and a linear designed MMO will not survive for very long.

thanks for letting me talk, enjoy the game

KurtDunn
01.07.2012 , 02:44 PM | #2
Well I'm not sure why the class and main questlines for each planet doesn't fill the bill for you. Each had a very personalized and important story that grew across the planet, leading to satisfying climaxes for each plot that the planet contains. Alderan, in fact had one of the best ones IMO, with stories that got right back to the Starwars roots: adventure fantasy space serials.

Tharag
01.07.2012 , 03:28 PM | #3
the storyline is great so far ... thats not the problem

the problem is, how can that be all there is to do for each particular class? isn't there something else in addition to the class storyline?!? there have to be other things of importance in addition to the story.

anyway, i'm just getting ahead of myself and i'm going to enjoy what i have going so far ... i keep forgetting that the game isn't even a month old yet. and i'm expecting everything.