Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Empty Body worth it?

Wiggity
01.07.2012 , 09:53 AM | #1
Hey what's up.

Now assuming that you are the main healer. And Your obviously going predominantly heal spec. Is Empty Body worth it? I understand that if you start to get hit and take dmg it would be nice. But if your tank is doing his job you shouldn't pull aggro. And if you do hopefully your group is competent enough to pull the aggro off you. By not speccing in you have 2 addiotnal points to put else where. What do you guys think?

ZefiruShrike
01.07.2012 , 10:04 AM | #2
I thought the same thing, hence putting my points into Haunting Presence. Maybe 2% more healing is wasted skill points, but *shrugs*
Nyoronyoden
Existence as we perceive it is as mutable and incorporeal as the morning dew or a flash of lightning

NiqNiq
01.07.2012 , 02:04 PM | #3
I wouldn't say it's like the best talent in the world and is so incredibly valuable, but is does have value and it the least useless choice to make in order to get to 30 points in the Corruption tree.

There is always going to be unavoidable damage and it helps to get healed faster when that damage hits, so yeah, it's worth it.

I'd suggest this spec and here is why.
WRATH
Sorcerer | World Top 10 Ops Progression | Vulkar Highway
Author - The Niquisition | Healer - www.Wrath-Tor.com

Aqualisk
01.07.2012 , 04:12 PM | #4
It's a decent talent. You're living in a fantasy world if you think you're never going to take damage as a healer. Lots of things AoE and in multi mob pulls you're likely to get a couple of pieces of trash on you.

Bonesmello
01.07.2012 , 06:00 PM | #5
If no one but the tank ever took damage, this would be the most boring MMO in existence

malaclyps
01.08.2012 , 12:05 AM | #6
some statements shouldn't need to be prefaced with "as a raider"

you build to do your job at maximum potential. every talent point you should ask yourself...does this make me a better/stronger/more efficient healer?

not more survivable, if you're getting beat down you're doing it wrong and your tank is bad.

for dps, every talent should be "how does this make me put more damage, on target, more efficiently"

and for tank it should be, how does this let me take more dmg/genrate more hate whatever.

Any thing else, any other assumptions, any other criteria in a raiding build, is just..you gimping your character from doing it's job, trying to do someone elses.

if you're playing with other people, it's only polite to bring your A game. otherwise you're just that jerk getting carried.

"i'll play how i want" usually means "i have the right to be bad, your time means nothing to me"
zoss, of backlash -Imp Inq, Mind Tricks

Suzina
01.08.2012 , 08:17 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by malaclyps View Post
you build to do your job at maximum potential. every talent point you should ask yourself...does this make me a better/stronger/more efficient healer?

not more survivable, if you're getting beat down you're doing it wrong and your tank is bad.
This is one mindset. It's a very old-school mind set and makes sense in some MMOs.

But I think if you stop and think about all the mechanics already in the hard modes that include damage to a random person, a person who's sometimes the healer, you'll realize that not all damage is avoidable.

Stuff like that big droid in Hammer that shoots his non-interruptable mining laser randomly at the healer. You'll take damage before one of you can run to the other to transfer it. Or what about the untauntable adds in mandalorian raiders? Who's fault is it they are untauntable and end up going for the healer?

Gone are the old days when healers stood far in the distance, never being touched, occasionally sitting down for mana regen. Special boss mechanics will require you to heal yourself even if you have a perfect tank. Survivability is a worthy pursuit to increase your effectiveness as a healer. Afterall, if you go down, the whole thing is a wipe.
Member of Bane Fleet

Incomprehensible
01.09.2012 , 08:46 AM | #8
Are you on a PVP server?
Do you plan on taking part in PVP?

2% heals and command points which just make your pet tougher is fine for carebears and "Raiders". (I love that PVE pansies have finally found a term that makes them feel uber for killing mobs)

For anyone who is not going to just be hiding behind tanks and CC to keep big scary... scripted bots from killing them, yeah empty body is a not so bad choice among the other sorta bad choices to top out the healing line.

8% self heals will let you keep yourself up that much longer in the healer ******** that is PVP.
8% self heals will let you hit those big heal # awards in battlezones easier.
8% incoming heals will let other healers keep you alive longer in the absolutely amazing moments where your team has two healers healing and you are basically an unstoppable train of wreckage.

In PVE if you are a healer taking damage you are doing it wrong... But if you are playing a multiplayer game and sticking to PVE you are doing it wrong IMO.

In PVP if you are a healer and the other side is not so pissed off at you that you are the priority focus target, you are doing it wrong.

Skuldar
01.09.2012 , 10:09 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Incomprehensible View Post
Are you on a PVP server?
Do you plan on taking part in PVP?

2% heals and command points which just make your pet tougher is fine for carebears and "Raiders". (I love that PVE pansies have finally found a term that makes them feel uber for killing mobs)

For anyone who is not going to just be hiding behind tanks and CC to keep big scary... scripted bots from killing them, yeah empty body is a not so bad choice among the other sorta bad choices to top out the healing line.

8% self heals will let you keep yourself up that much longer in the healer ******** that is PVP.
8% self heals will let you hit those big heal # awards in battlezones easier.
8% incoming heals will let other healers keep you alive longer in the absolutely amazing moments where your team has two healers healing and you are basically an unstoppable train of wreckage.

In PVE if you are a healer taking damage you are doing it wrong... But if you are playing a multiplayer game and sticking to PVE you are doing it wrong IMO.

In PVP if you are a healer and the other side is not so pissed off at you that you are the priority focus target, you are doing it wrong.
There's enough condescension dripping from that post to drown an elephant.

Anyone who uses "carebear" and "pansies" when referring to those who prefer cooperative PvE is lacking in respect for a vast number of gamers and should look to improving their own maturity before letting loose with such blather. Just because you prefer PvP does not mean everyone else is a lesser being for not doing so.

Beneath all the insults, you did manage to impart some kernels of advice, but your tone overwhelms them. Couldn't you have just written the advice without putting down half the player base?

malaclyps
01.09.2012 , 10:50 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Skuldar View Post
There's enough condescension dripping from that post to drown an elephant.

Anyone who uses "carebear" and "pansies" when referring to those who prefer cooperative PvE is lacking in respect for a vast number of gamers and should look to improving their own maturity before letting loose with such blather. Just because you prefer PvP does not mean everyone else is a lesser being for not doing so.

Beneath all the insults, you did manage to impart some kernels of advice, but your tone overwhelms them. Couldn't you have just written the advice without putting down half the player base?
if you keep holding your breath waiting on the internet to stop being full of ******es, you'll be dead soon and they'll still be ******es.

To be fair, i feel about the same way about hardcore pvp'ers. buncha aspie kids.
zoss, of backlash -Imp Inq, Mind Tricks