Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Madness (Assassin) Companion? / Help me not be a noob please!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Best Madness (Assassin) Companion? / Help me not be a noob please!

10.16.2012 , 05:06 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Theysay View Post
first step to not being a noob assassin is to respec into darkness or deception. Madness increases dot dmg-- sins only have 2 dots. Sorc's have more.
I have to correct you on that, both sorcerer and assassin have 3 dots, granted the sorcerer would be best for a dotter, since you dot up your targets and still have force energy to do more, while an assassin will have very limited resources for more.

Also, Madness is very viable, the problem is, if you want to romance a companion that is not your healer companion, be prepared to either spend loads of credits to up their affection via gifts or have issues with questing due to the lack of a tank to take the heat, while you cast.

But that is off-topic, just saying both assassin and sorcerer have 3 dots, one of them is unique to either AC, but the other 2 are identical.

10.17.2012 , 04:34 AM | #12
I'm a 39 Assassin full Madness spec and I had no trouble using Khem at the moment. Elites causes me no trouble if they are alone. If they have company I usually Mind trap the elite, kill their companions an then the elite himself.

I use Khem because i like to be behind the target to use Maul when duplicity procs and if you have the aggro you have to cc the elite to do it. Usually I kill elites the fastest I can and Khem Val does not even die. Just spend some money on tank gear for him and he will be fine. Also save your stun for emergencies and if everything fails just stealth yourself and try it again.

10.20.2012 , 03:55 AM | #13
try using andros ... just dot and kite and let his dps run him down while u kite the mob around.. had no issues taking on elites doing this