Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"does not exist" when adding to friends list.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
"does not exist" when adding to friends list.

Aruun
01.14.2012 , 12:12 AM | #21
My experiences have been that toons that were created just to reserve a name and haven't started leveling, they could be added to friends while offline. If the toon has been leveling, then it couldn't be added to friends. This held true for my alts and friends toons. I don't know at what point they become bugged, first quest, first level, changing planets?

edosborne
01.14.2012 , 03:26 AM | #22
Still no fix for this?

Has anything official been said about this bug being fixed?

Must admit, its a bit of a drag not being able to add your mates to a "social" game!

crazyplaya
01.14.2012 , 12:47 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by edosborne View Post
Still no fix for this?

Has anything official been said about this bug being fixed?

Must admit, its a bit of a drag not being able to add your mates to a "social" game!
i have added ticket about it and got the standard standard official answer. cant see any official statements about it tho
Fists of Light
Server: The Red Eclipse
Leader: Attan Moonfire
Homepage: Fists of Light

thaichaiguy
01.16.2012 , 02:58 PM | #24
I still can't believe this isn't going to be fixed tonight in patch 1.1. Or at least its not mentioned in the 1.1 patch details.

Eleonora
01.16.2012 , 03:22 PM | #25
I find that the friends list seems to be case sensitive when adding people to it.

SpazOL
01.16.2012 , 03:35 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by thaichaiguy View Post
I still can't believe this isn't going to be fixed tonight in patch 1.1. Or at least its not mentioned in the 1.1 patch details.
This.

crazyplaya
01.16.2012 , 03:37 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Eleonora View Post
I find that the friends list seems to be case sensitive when adding people to it.
If it is case sensitive.. Whay is it case sensitive if there is no case sensetivity when u create a toon??? someone lost theyr logics module i think...
Fists of Light
Server: The Red Eclipse
Leader: Attan Moonfire
Homepage: Fists of Light

RogueDemonhunter
01.16.2012 , 10:06 PM | #28
Iv'e been trying to add friend's characters to various characters and this is a TOTAL CRAPSHOOT. In that it is utterly random. Such a thing should be fixed.

We are not talking any special letter or apos in names friends have given to me. CAPS have been applied at the begining of each name and that IS how they were typed.

My friend Rich gave me 3 alt names on Jedi cov.

2 out of 3 were "friendable" his highest level main was not. It didn't exist... according to this bug.

It took 3 different days and 3 different tries to get an offline acceptance for the name Zimbue (another friend) on canderous ordo imp side.

This is about as random as a bug can be. Doesn't surprise me they are having a hard time finding a fix for something so random but it is a social game. It NEEDS doing.

Cheerio!

And good luck dev's.

Alternatively the dev's could put in a global chat/friends system that lets you know where your global pals are playing and what side they are on so you can just ask them "hey what server and side are we playin today?" like a certain venerable old super hero mmo which I will not "name" here to avoid deletion, but is about 8 years old now so you dont mix it up with the two fresher ones which never realy unseated it beacuse after nigh 8 years it's just plain got more stuff then they do and more innovations to boot.

(shrug) It is undenaiably handy.... just sayin....

Edit: Note none of the characters are level 1. So I'm not sure if the suggestion made by others about unleveled name placeholders have any bering.... Level after a fashion though may. Specificaly advanced classes now that I think on it. Zimbue was 33 and had clearly chosen a 'path' and the 1 that couldnt be friended of Richard's toons was 11 and had selected vanguard... whilst the other two thought well past 1, had not yet hit 10 to make that fateful choice. Is the bug therefore related to having chosen an ADVANCED Class?

Has anyone been able to "Friend" an alt that has chosen an advanced class?

Umoran
01.17.2012 , 05:17 AM | #29
i opened a ticket couple of days ago and today i recieved a reply..quite disturbing if the thing with offline mail sending is true , cause i sent quite a lot ofcredits made from GTN to her while she was offline...

imageshack screenshot

HowerS
01.17.2012 , 09:44 AM | #30
wish they would fix this soon. i have too many friends and family who play and its annoying that i have to call them to see when they will be online just so i can add them.