Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"does not exist" when adding to friends list.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
"does not exist" when adding to friends list.

SpazOL
01.11.2012 , 11:23 AM | #11
Still a persistent issue and a rather annoying one. As an MMO is meant to be a socially-driven game, I'd really like to see this issue fixed ASAP.

Gallitin
01.11.2012 , 11:56 AM | #12
I've had problems adding people as friends if they are not online, sometimes it works sometimes I have to wait until they come back online to add them. I assume it's a bug that they are working on fixing.

RickRedOne
01.11.2012 , 12:24 PM | #13
This is a known bug that they are working on, and no it is not listed in the "known bugs post".

It is hit and miss as to if you will be able to add a character that is offline as a friend.
The Details, it is all about the Details
Adapt, Overcome, Improvise

AHMYGAHD
01.12.2012 , 12:21 PM | #14
I hate this bug, of all the things their fixing like loot range and abilitiy to mod items, they ignore this bug which is a HUGE one. I aquire items on my sniper and want to give them to my inquisitor but I cant beacsue I need to be online with 2 people on 1 computer. FIX IT!!!

RickRedOne
01.12.2012 , 12:47 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AHMYGAHD View Post
I hate this bug, of all the things their fixing like loot range and abilitiy to mod items, they ignore this bug which is a HUGE one. I aquire items on my sniper and want to give them to my inquisitor but I cant beacsue I need to be online with 2 people on 1 computer. FIX IT!!!
What???

You don't need to be online to mail items to other accounts. If you want to give something to your alt just stick them in the mail. They will get them instantly.

The only bug is that you can't add them as friends unless they are online, and I don't consider this a supper high priority, there are much bigger things to fix first.
The Details, it is all about the Details
Adapt, Overcome, Improvise

hoodie_gypsy
01.12.2012 , 12:49 PM | #16
I've run across this bug as well, and unfortunately the only work-around I've found (as others have mentioned) is making sure the other player is online.

As for adding alts to your list, I assume it's for the mailbox to autofill the name when sending gear and credits to your alts? If they're in the same guild as the character you are on, the autofill still works. If they're not in the same guild ... I hope you can remember how to spell your alt's names, because you'll be typing them in.

It'll get fixed. Annoying, I agree, but not something I personally see as a game-altering bug.
POT5: <Alderaan Shot First> <It's Not My Fault>
Ruce Tk Kidu'reth Sheprd

rocdogg
01.12.2012 , 02:27 PM | #17
I was able to add all my alts to my friends list, obviously while they were offline, except one. My guess is that it is because the name is only three characters long.

Dralnalak
01.12.2012 , 05:45 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by AceMcNabbers View Post
Well, first off, he only has one toon with special characters in it, and I know that it happens to be an apostrophe. So that's not the issue.
Actually, that apostrophe can be a killer. I can currently add all of my alts on one server into each other's friends list, except for the one name that has an apostrophe. That one cannot be added to any of my other alts. (Nor could I send mail to him until a recent patch. Items or not, it all just vanished into space.)

crazyplaya
01.13.2012 , 03:33 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by rocdogg View Post
I was able to add all my alts to my friends list, obviously while they were offline, except one. My guess is that it is because the name is only three characters long.
Quote: Originally Posted by Dralnalak View Post
Actually, that apostrophe can be a killer. I can currently add all of my alts on one server into each other's friends list, except for the one name that has an apostrophe. That one cannot be added to any of my other alts. (Nor could I send mail to him until a recent patch. Items or not, it all just vanished into space.)
Actually, yes this seems true. I have had this bug my self now and the bug was only pressent when toon name was as stated by thise players
Do or do not! there is no try!

AxeGaijin
01.13.2012 , 04:16 PM | #20
I've been able to ad some people and some of my alts, and not others.

A friend had problems adding my main when I was offline, I could ad her on my main when she was offline but couldn't ad her on my alt when she was ofline, none of my alts were able to ad my main except for one. Neither names had special characters.

It's pretty much a shot in the dark if it'll work or not with someone that's offline
Altoholic:100%, Explorer: 80%, Socializer: 73%, Achiever: 33%, Killer: 13%
~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when youre enjoying it, you choke on it.