Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

4/5 columi after 1 ev run.

deserttfoxx
01.07.2012 , 05:11 AM | #1
Can we agree this stuff is all to easy now?

This game is throwing epics left right and center, there is no feeling of accomplishment anywhere. With commendations, and no dropped loot to look forward to, the system has to be changed. Cmon bioware, commendation vendors cannot be the be all, end all for progression.

What happened to the days where you would do a raid to get the sets that ONLY DROPPED IN THAT RAID? Commendation gear should be an after thought, i look at the costs of commendation gear, you need what, 50 to 70 commendations for one item, but we literally got the entire bounty hunter and warrior columni set twice in one run. Which is not fine.

Im trying to take my time here but bioware is making it really hard. Ive done Every quest on my warrior once, even the repeatable ones. Did all the bonus series even though my friends told me it was a waste of time, i didnt space bar a single conversation, hit 50 in about a week. Fine, leveling curve is simplified, end game farm is where its at.

Flash forward to my first EV run where i leave the place by replacing every piece of tionese i had with columni. except my boots.

Is bioware afraid to put challenging content in the game? I said before things were to easy and had a bunch of people insult me for being an elitist, but everyone is walking around in full tier 2 these days, hell i sat afk in illum and got 4 champion pieces after doing the dailies.

Ive never played a game where everything is based on welfare epics, end game needs to be looked at, i decided im going to take every character to 50 once for the sake of story, and if nothing has changed by then, i might as well quit while im ahead. Thats a lot of time, a generous 2 months subs just in an effort to hope ill have to farm something, ANYTHING. But in no sense of the word should any hardcore or casual raider be ok with getting 4 pieces of their raid gear in one run. Its just not right.
"Soon they will know my name, recognize my face, and understand what it means to be in the presence of true power." - Imitatio Dei Captain Sakari Foxx , Sith Juggernaut (Level 50)

Leftclickz
01.07.2012 , 05:12 AM | #2
that is definitely not the norm, I've been raiding for a couple weeks, and have been doing hard-modes flashpoints/ops, still 3/5.

deserttfoxx
01.07.2012 , 05:22 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Leftclickz View Post
that is definitely not the norm, I've been raiding for a couple weeks, and have been doing hard-modes flashpoints/ops, still 3/5.
Even if its not the norm, the bosses drop way to much loot, for an 8 man raid the boss to be dropping 4 to 6 items each is nuts. Flash back to wow and eq where a 40 man would net you 3 drops.

That switch encounter was the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen in a raid, you kill trash mobs while pushing buttons then you get 4 epics, WHAT THE F?

Cmon, how are you defending this system.
"Soon they will know my name, recognize my face, and understand what it means to be in the presence of true power." - Imitatio Dei Captain Sakari Foxx , Sith Juggernaut (Level 50)

DarthRilous
01.07.2012 , 05:35 AM | #4
remember normal modes are for people to have fun. Its not about grinding loot. That is what the hard modes are for. And for everyone who gets 4/5 drops in one night, there are some that still get 0. Just chalk it up to you got extremely lucky and enjoy your fortune. If you really dislike it that much, DE your epics, and try again.

ticklefist
01.07.2012 , 05:37 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by deserttfoxx View Post
Even if its not the norm, the bosses drop way to much loot, for an 8 man raid the boss to be dropping 4 to 6 items each is nuts. Flash back to wow and eq where a 40 man would net you 3 drops.

That switch encounter was the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen in a raid, you kill trash mobs while pushing buttons then you get 4 epics, WHAT THE F?

Cmon, how are you defending this system.
It is really funny to read what Stockholmed WoW players have to say about other games.

deserttfoxx
01.07.2012 , 05:42 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ticklefist View Post
It is really funny to read what Stockholmed WoW players have to say about other games.
Was that an insult to me, are you telling me to go back to WoW? Should i run through my track record of games, because my time in WoW wasnt very long, but im not so foolish as to think theres nothing that can be gained by following what they did right.

deserttfoxx
01.07.2012 , 05:43 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRilous View Post
remember normal modes are for people to have fun. Its not about grinding loot. That is what the hard modes are for. And for everyone who gets 4/5 drops in one night, there are some that still get 0. Just chalk it up to you got extremely lucky and enjoy your fortune. If you really dislike it that much, DE your epics, and try again.
Well, lets hope this game can make it the long haul with people like you, pushing that mentality around.

Morghie
01.07.2012 , 06:12 AM | #8
Yeah and our guild is full of people with a life... only 2 people at 50 so no raids for a long time - try gearing through HM flashpoints and then we'll talk

Moodsie
01.07.2012 , 06:26 AM | #9
Lets talk when you are fully Rakata geared, and not just the wellfare stuff.
Coconut Conspiracy
Moods
"The Coconut Commander"
www.coconutconspiracy.enjin.com

Korghal
01.07.2012 , 06:26 AM | #10
It is too easy, even the bosses in EV hardmode is way to easy imo.

Its all about making the enrage, no really hard mechanics to get past. Which is really really sad, if the next set of bosses arent more interesting this game will die out when it comes to progression raids for sure.