Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How long do you guys honestly think they tested raids.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
How long do you guys honestly think they tested raids.

Cassp
01.07.2012 , 03:33 AM | #1
Seriously, so rediculously buggy my god. pretty much every single boss currently playable has serious bugs that defenently needs urgent fixes.

Deflekt
01.07.2012 , 03:55 AM | #2
I don't think they have tested even a bit. Today we have completed a heroic flashpoint and last boss' chest didn't unlock. This happened twice in different flashpoints and i think this is very discouraging to ppl who wants to go for heroics.

I'm a bioware fan. I have played their games since Baldur's Gate. I think EA rushed bioware to release this game before even ready. No developer would love this situation and present very buggy titles to their players. I don't think i'll have another EA game from now on. They are killing the games and they disrespect players and developers.

just my 2 cents.

Cepheid
01.07.2012 , 03:57 AM | #3
Bonethrasher was obviously not tested at all and EV had a very few hours put into it.
"I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops." - Stephen Jay Gould

Cassp
01.07.2012 , 04:06 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Deflekt View Post
I don't think they have tested even a bit. Today we have completed a heroic flashpoint and last boss' chest didn't unlock. This happened twice in different flashpoints and i think this is very discouraging to ppl who wants to go for heroics.

I'm a bioware fan. I have played their games since Baldur's Gate. I think EA rushed bioware to release this game before even ready. No developer would love this situation and present very buggy titles to their players. I don't think i'll have another EA game from now on. They are killing the games and they disrespect players and developers.

just my 2 cents.
I completely agree on the ea ruining games, they're just a business cranking out products for the monies.

Slomoshun
01.07.2012 , 09:06 AM | #5
I have a feeling 90%+ of the beta testers sat in pvp..

Just my opinion.

Moodsie
01.07.2012 , 09:48 AM | #6
While I do agree that some of the raid bugs are annoying, and even makes me want to smash my keyboard at times, we have managed to clear everything and get the loot from it, so I will live with how it is for now.

I do hope they fix it soon though, I would hate to have guildies leave because of it.
Coconut Conspiracy
Moods
"The Coconut Commander"
www.coconutconspiracy.enjin.com

Roest
01.07.2012 , 10:43 AM | #7

just my 2 cents.
Yea yea the old myth of the good developers and the evil publisher.

Nizzemancer
01.07.2012 , 11:16 AM | #8

just my 2 cents.
Bioware is a brand, it's all EA. Just like Blizzard is all Activision.
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them.

BMBender
01.07.2012 , 12:16 PM | #9
As a former tester I can't say as only a limited number of people were ever able to test higher content, I wasn't one of them. Thats really no different than any other mmo, most raids in a variety of games in my experience rarely go past the internal testing phase before going live. I'ts also why in almost any raid there are dead spots, agro exploits, uncompletealbe objectives ect ect. IMO TOR is no better nor worse than any other mmo in this respect.

EDIT: the reason internal testing rarely finds certain issues is that they all know how the fight is "supposed" to go. It's a mental blinder that is very hard to overcome no matter how dedicated. An external tester or player on the other hand has to "experiment" a bit to find a working strat, that strat is not always the one the dev's intended.
The only thing that should impact a players success/failure in pvpplayervsplayeris his/her skill not what they are wearing. Otherwise call it GvG gear vs gear, crunch the #'s in a calc, face-roll your keyboard, and go watch TV.polls by paulolesonhttp://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=164486pollhttp://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=164530

Cyrin
01.07.2012 , 12:44 PM | #10
Considering they wiped characters just about every other build and the fact they did not provide high level characters to beta testers meant that only the really hardcore testers were able to even get to 50 let alone try the raid content.