Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

iPhone Authenticator real?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

pSyToR
12.14.2011 , 04:44 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Klaaw View Post
Yea, because EA Swirl Sarl just sounds so legit!
QFE

lol That's exactly the same reason why I want a BW representative or BW website update with the exact information

pSyToR
12.14.2011 , 04:45 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by mistey View Post
Agreed, unless this is an app which is supposed to enable you to use your authenticator without having to carry it around....which seems highy unlikely!
IT IS... WoW has the same feature for the game... Not Unlikely.. .Truth...

http://www.swtor.com/info/security-key

Read this

mistey
12.14.2011 , 04:50 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by pSyToR View Post
IT IS... WoW has the same feature for the game... Not Unlikely.. .Truth...

http://www.swtor.com/info/security-key

Read this
Not really sure what you're getting at? The WoW app authenticator stood alone and didn't require pairing to another device, which it appears this SWTOR app will do. My suggestion earlier was (because the app is asking for a serial number) that this app works alongside an authenticator. Either way, I would like to see an update on the web instructions or a post here to keep us informed.

Antrican
12.14.2011 , 04:52 AM | #24 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings all,

This is actually under investigation; please do not use this application yet.

We will come back to you as soon as we have more information.

Thank you for your patience!

Antrican | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

mistey
12.14.2011 , 04:54 AM | #25
Thankyou!

Klaaw
12.14.2011 , 04:58 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by T3-F5 View Post
Greetings all,

Thanks

pSyToR
12.14.2011 , 05:01 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by mistey View Post
Not really sure what you're getting at? The WoW app authenticator stood alone and didn't require pairing to another device, which it appears this SWTOR app will do. My suggestion earlier was (because the app is asking for a serial number) that this app works alongside an authenticator. Either way, I would like to see an update on the web instructions or a post here to keep us informed.
I'm sorry we probably just didn't understood each other...

What I meant is that WoW is using an iPhone app as an authenticator... No need of an "authenticator" device itself.

So I think we're on the same line here ;-)

We just want confirmation... And we got it to wait

Thanks BW to take time to answer !!!

(compare to what many other says BW Customer support is a lot better than others so far..)

Saigan
12.14.2011 , 05:16 AM | #28
The app on the UK iPhone App Store is from EA Swiss Sarl.
If you've ever bought any DLC for the likes of Dragon Age 2 and paid via paypal this is who you end up paying when you bought your BioWare points.

Gave it a test and yep, no way to get the serial number from the tabs on the app before it loads the "input your serial number" screen.
Deleted until official announcement that it is live.

Lokken
12.14.2011 , 05:21 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by T3-F5 View Post
Greetings all,

Thanks for the update!

Hope it turns out to be the real deal. Having the account safe from day one is awesome, after watching how easy was for some guildmates being hacked in other MMOs.
Never happened to me though, but you never know...

L

Glume
12.14.2011 , 05:23 AM | #30
The WoW authenticator did not require wifi or airtime access (the keyfobs certainly won't), nor did you have to input a serial number into the application, rather the application had a serial number that you linked to your account online. The app would generate a random security key every few seconds that you would enter with your password to log on to the game.

This fake app seems to be collecting your serial numbers, so somebody can steal your account later on. The announcement from Stephen Reid indicated that the smartphone apps won't be available until next week.

I would expect the software author to be EA or Bioware, not some guy with a fake name. Beware!
Glume-GM Centric