Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

iPhone Authenticator real?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mistey's Avatar


mistey
12.14.2011 , 03:58 AM | #11
I would love an answer on this too. Anyone from Bioware??

Roqq's Avatar


Roqq
12.14.2011 , 04:03 AM | #12
Indeed. I could have gone with it if the pairing process was actually like they say in the Security FAQ, but this isn't anything like that. Rather than giving me a code that links the app to the account, the app is asking me to enter my serial number. Seems odd and unsafe.
Beware of Rancor's, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

WiZZyWiGG's Avatar


WiZZyWiGG
12.14.2011 , 04:07 AM | #13
You guys think an app release by EA is a scam? come on.

Most likely situation is apple approved the app earlier than EA expected and they haven't updated the site to reflect it yet.

Hirogen's Avatar


Hirogen
12.14.2011 , 04:07 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Roqq View Post
Its more the word "guess" that's a little shaky, implying hes not 100%
Hmm,

I guess that's live then. ==> means "I don't no yet"
Yes, it is. ==> means "I investigated it and it's is true"

maybe my interpretation is/was wrong

Quote: Originally Posted by Roqq View Post
Indeed. I could have gone with it if the pairing process was actually like they say in the Security FAQ, but this isn't anything like that. Rather than giving me a code that links the app to the account, the app is asking me to enter my serial number. Seems odd and unsafe.
I must concur
Guild Leader of "Die Verdammten" @ The Restoration Zone
Member of "Die Verdammten" @ Kult der Verdammten
Movement kann man nicht sockeln! - Anonymer WoW-Spieler
Movement can't be modded/socketed - Anonymous WoW-Player

aliasalpha's Avatar


aliasalpha
12.14.2011 , 04:13 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by WiZZyWiGG View Post
You guys think an app release by EA is a scam? come on.
I dunno, SOME of the things EA have released over the years get close in the "I can't believe they tricked me into buying this crap!" way

mistey's Avatar


mistey
12.14.2011 , 04:15 AM | #16
And as far as I can see, at the moment you can only enter a "serial number" into your account to pair them, which obviously the app doesn't have.

pSyToR's Avatar


pSyToR
12.14.2011 , 04:15 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Hirogen View Post
Hmm,

I guess that's live then. ==> means "I don't no yet"
Yes, it is. ==> means "I investigated it and it's is true"

maybe my interpretation is/was wrong



I must concur

For the first part where is it written ? on the Twitter ?

Sorry don't have access to Twitter right now...

but for the Website I totally agree I wouldn't do ANYTHING until it's updated and that the FAQ / Procedure is EXACTLY what they wrote...

Klaaw's Avatar


Klaaw
12.14.2011 , 04:30 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by mistey View Post
And as far as I can see, at the moment you can only enter a "serial number" into your account to pair them, which obviously the app doesn't have.
Except this isn't the way you're supposed to pair them according to the info in this site. The number should be coming from the app to enter here, not the other way around.

mistey's Avatar


mistey
12.14.2011 , 04:40 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Klaaw View Post
Except this isn't the way you're supposed to pair them according to the info in this site. The number should be coming from the app to enter here, not the other way around.
Agreed, unless this is an app which is supposed to enable you to use your authenticator without having to carry it around....which seems highy unlikely!

Klaaw's Avatar


Klaaw
12.14.2011 , 04:43 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by WiZZyWiGG View Post
You guys think an app release by EA is a scam? come on.

Most likely situation is apple approved the app earlier than EA expected and they haven't updated the site to reflect it yet.
Yea, because EA Swirl Sarl just sounds so legit! If it is, then fine, no harm no foul, but I'm hardly bothered about waiting and being cautious.