Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi using slave army

Intarabus
01.07.2012 , 06:23 PM | #11
At the end of the second movie, Yoda also seems not very happy about the clone army.

Darth_Cliche
01.08.2012 , 01:54 AM | #12
I think the crux of the issue is the fact that the Jedi did not approve the creation of the army. Had they, before these clones were created, decided to make a clone army, it might be morally wrong.

But since the army was already created, I think it would've been worse to free the army.

1. The Republic would most likely fall

2. The clones are bred for war, and one could guess they have an attraction to combat. A freed army would then most likely turn to mercenary work or other forms of combat related occupations (since they have no other skills) and would probably end up causing problems with their potent combat abilities.

I also think part of the morality of this situation would lie with what the Jedi decided to do with them after the war was over. We obviously however didn't get to see that outcome.

zackarmy
10.10.2013 , 03:15 PM | #13
I find it EXTREMELY for Jedi to use Clone Troopers as a slave army, I do not count "The Clone Wars 2008 TV Show and Movie" because it breaks to many canon and made my favorite author, Karen Traviss to stop writing Republic Commando Novels. The Jedi led many Clone Troopers to their deaths and took the Clone Army at free will and gave it no second thought, This was their war and they sacrificed Millions even killing Rogue Clones like ARC Trooper Sull. I only respect two Jedi, Etain Tur-Mukan and Bardan Jusik who we're sympathetic with the Clones. Jedi and Sith, Republic and Empire all about politics and use the "grunts" , getting them all killed.
"Education and armor, Self-defense, our tribe, Our language, our leader- All help us survive."

Aurbere
10.10.2013 , 03:23 PM | #14
What is it with people and necros?
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Selenial
10.10.2013 , 03:25 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
What is it with people and necros?
To quote myself:

There are dark places in the Galaxy where few tread, ancient centres of learning, of knowledge.....
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Selenial
10.10.2013 , 03:37 PM | #16
Oh my god I messed up one if my favourite quotes!!!! Fixed, hope no one saw that :/
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.

Aurbere
10.10.2013 , 03:39 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Oh my god I messed up one if my favourite quotes!!!! Fixed, hope no one saw that :/
I did
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Selenial
10.10.2013 , 03:40 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I did
This remains between us...

Aurbere
10.10.2013 , 03:41 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
This remains between us...
Of course.

kirorx
10.10.2013 , 07:09 PM | #20
Yes this thread is old but I think its part of why the republic fell to the emperor

The were so caught up with themselves they did not help naboo because it was no there problem and the took he clone army to fight because it was dooku.

The army are slaves bred for death and they were used that way

It was the Jedi that failed to see the forest for the trees even with palatine running the show

Had Mace Windu brought anakin to the fight against palpatine instead of leaving him behind would things have been different

The Jedi needed to die off they were tainted
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU