Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi using slave army

Thorsfire
01.06.2012 , 11:44 PM | #1
Deos anyone see any wrong in the Jedi using this clone army that were only breed to serve them? Them being the Jedi.

Wolfninjajedi
01.06.2012 , 11:46 PM | #2
Not really...I mean they weren't doing it against their will or anything seeing as they were bred for war anyway.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

JonnnyB
01.06.2012 , 11:51 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Thorsfire View Post
Deos anyone see any wrong in the Jedi using this clone army that were only breed to serve them? Them being the Jedi.
Sure, but they were made to serve the Republic - not the Jedi.. so they aren't the Jedi's slaves so much as the Republic's. Also, the clones aren't entirely human, they're more biological robots then real people as they don't seem to have any free will.

Regardless, what other options do the Jedi and Republic have? Quickly draft an army of untrained civilians to die in greater quantities then the well trained clones? If the Jedi want to stop the sith and save lives the best option is the clone army - regardless of them being 'slaves' or not.

LordRelyks
01.06.2012 , 11:52 PM | #4
The clones were created behind their back. They utilized the clones to protect the Republic, which hilariously, backfired.

Wiz' Khalifa/Nevaro Kas'im from Flurry SWG.

bfishback
01.07.2012 , 12:24 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JonnnyB View Post
Sure, but they were made to serve the Republic - not the Jedi.. so they aren't the Jedi's slaves so much as the Republic's. Also, the clones aren't entirely human, they're more biological robots then real people as they don't seem to have any free will.
Well they actually do have free will.. seeing as in one of the clone wars episodes one of the clones actually deserts the army and raises a family.

skryptos
01.07.2012 , 12:24 AM | #6
^ Exactly.

The clones were ordered by Darth Tyranus under the name of a dead Jedi Master. The clones were already there for the republic to use by the time the masters found out, so who are they to turn an army down?

SammyRath
01.07.2012 , 09:39 AM | #7
Quote:
Also, the clones aren't entirely human, they're more biological robots then real people as they don't seem to have any free will.
I seriously recommend you watch a few Clone Wars episodes. Clone Troopers all posses some degree of free will. They are nothing like robots however, they can think creatively and make choices, and decisions all on their own.

The Clones were trained from "birth" to believe in what the Republic stood for, and as such they actually wanted to defend the principles of the Republic.

Quote:
I think you are misinformed. The Clones were not bred to serve the Jedi, they were created to protect the Republic. The Jedi merely commanded them in the field because the Jedi already were the peacekeepers of the Republic.

Rhyltran
01.07.2012 , 09:51 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SammyRath View Post
I seriously recommend you watch a few Clone Wars episodes. Clone Troopers all posses some degree of free will. They are nothing like robots however, they can think creatively and make choices, and decisions all on their own.

The Clones were trained from "birth" to believe in what the Republic stood for, and as such they actually wanted to defend the principles of the Republic.

I think you are misinformed. The Clones were not bred to serve the Jedi, they were created to protect the Republic. The Jedi merely commanded them in the field because the Jedi already were the peacekeepers of the Republic.
In fact it was the Jedi who treated them like people and fought to ensure they had rights. People forget that the Jedi serve the republic too. The republic, as a whole, overrides the Jedi.

atlasstar
01.07.2012 , 10:57 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Thorsfire View Post
this is a topic that has been so talked to death on the forums. Though not like you would know with the thread wipe of prelaunch threads that talked about this to death and the lack of a search function not showing how many since then have been made....

In short no since it was not a slave army. The clones were paid given pensions retirement and even medical benefits by the republic. Yes they were clones yes the were done behind the senates back by a plot to destroy the republic and set up a new galactic empire. However the clones themselves were not treated as slaves during the clone wars. The only issue the clone armies had was they were breed for war and consequently that's what they liked best hence issues in a none military life for them. Luckily for the clone or unlucky from how you may look at it. The sith won in the end of the clone wars rebuilt a military dictatorship and the were guaranteed their favorite jobs being elite storm troopers.
short Faq on me: (1.No I am not 12. (2 Been on since 2009 account was deleted due to tec problem thus I have no life just like you.3)I dont care about your opinion, but in fairness Ill read it. 4)RIP'5)main trooper cause it has a grenade launcher.

psychogobstopper
01.07.2012 , 12:24 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
In fact it was the Jedi who treated them like people and fought to ensure they had rights.
That applies to some Jedi, such as Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi. It does not, however, apply to all Jedi who served as GAR commanders. Pong Krell, for example, treated the clones under his command as expendable, acting more as if they were droids than living human beings. Quinlan Vos also treated the clonetroopers with disdain.