Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Vader is garbage

Wolfninjajedi
01.07.2012 , 06:09 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Deejon_Loy View Post
xeviltoasterx > There were 2 deleted Shaak Ti death scenes from ROS, the first made it onto the DVD under "Deleted Scenes" (where she is killed by Grevious), but when the whole sequence of Obi-Wan and Anakin cutting through the floor was itself cut and replaced, they re-filmed her death with her trying to protect youngling Jedis during the attack on the temple (I think Anakin was actually supposed to be the one who killed her), but that was also abandoned "for timing/editing purposes". So in one movie, she was supposed to die twice.

Wolfninjajedi > NH is 0 BBY, ESB is 3 ABY, and ROTJ is 4 ABY according to GL's own official timeline.
Ya thats 4 years, his training started in ANH, continued in ESB, then ROTJ came up. Probably should have been more clear, I was totaling the whole time of each movie not just ROTJ for how long he trained.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

JoystickWizard
01.07.2012 , 09:09 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Sithkolasis View Post
Vader is the embodiment of tragedy in Star Wars so I think it's fitting that his own story is stricken with failures.
This. Anakin had great potential, but basically threw it all away when he was seduced by the Dark Side and ended up being little more than Palpatine's *****.

Intarabus
01.07.2012 , 09:20 PM | #23
Of all Star Wars main characters, Vader probably got the most beating, which starts when he got blasted into space by Han Solo in the first movie. I don't know the first Marvel Comics really well, but I think even in them he loses numerous duels or hast to give them up in a draw. Added to this are countless scenes when the Emperor scolds or fools him in the newer EU-Stuff. He is not a very lucky one.

Rhyltran
01.07.2012 , 10:02 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Deejon_Loy View Post
xeviltoasterx > There were 2 deleted Shaak Ti death scenes from ROS, the first made it onto the DVD under "Deleted Scenes" (where she is killed by Grevious), but when the whole sequence of Obi-Wan and Anakin cutting through the floor was itself cut and replaced, they re-filmed her death with her trying to protect youngling Jedis during the attack on the temple (I think Anakin was actually supposed to be the one who killed her), but that was also abandoned "for timing/editing purposes". So in one movie, she was supposed to die twice.

Wolfninjajedi > NH is 0 BBY, ESB is 3 ABY, and ROTJ is 4 ABY according to GL's own official timeline.
But in the end she didn't die.

Bow-Wow-Wow
01.07.2012 , 10:58 PM | #25
I'm sorry but it's cannon, you can't say that Vader isn't as powerful as so and so when George Lucas specifically said he and his decendants are the most powerful force users ever. You can say Lucas is old and crazy, but it is his story, not yours or mine or anybody elses. If he says Annakin/Vader is the most powerful force user ever in HIS world of star wars, its fact, you can't argue with him.
Haters gonna' hate.

BrandonSM
01.08.2012 , 01:39 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Bow-Wow-Wow View Post
I'm sorry but it's cannon, you can't say that Vader isn't as powerful as so and so when George Lucas specifically said he and his decendants are the most powerful force users ever. .
He never said Vader was the most powerful Force User.

He could have been, but he wasn't.

Luke was. Because Luke is weird like that.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

danun
01.08.2012 , 03:29 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Malice View Post
Don't forget Darth Maul beat Vader with ease and Vader only one because he used an attack that damaged himself as much as Maul.

Have you seen phantom menace? Vader (aka Anakin Skywalker) wasn't even a padawan when Maul died.

Wolfninjajedi
01.08.2012 , 03:32 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by danun View Post
Have you seen phantom menace? Vader (aka Anakin Skywalker) wasn't even a padawan when Maul died.
Not talking about the movies, talking about the EU.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Vecke
01.08.2012 , 03:58 PM | #29
I believe in free speech. It's quite possibly the single most important freedom in the world. I believe that people should be able to say what they think. I will fight for anyone's right to say things I don't agree with. It's a cornerstone of my belief structure.

Then someone says, "Vader is garbage."

And I question my belief structure.

Disclaimer: The preceding statement was a joke intended to express just how powerfully I disagree with the OP.
"I know."

Cindercraze
01.08.2012 , 04:19 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Vecke View Post
I believe in free speech. It's quite possibly the single most important freedom in the world. I believe that people should be able to say what they think. I will fight for anyone's right to say things I don't agree with. It's a cornerstone of my belief structure.

Then someone says, "Vader is garbage."

And I question my belief structure.

Disclaimer: The preceding statement was a joke intended to express just how powerfully I disagree with the OP.
Definately caused a rofl in my case.