Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Preorder code problems

Deceptous
12.14.2011 , 03:03 AM | #1
Hey guys!

Something happened that is sort of ticking me off and some advice would be nice. I tried to find some help in the forums but there is just so much to look through. I preordered the game about 2 months ago and entered in my code. It gave me my preorder code, through email via best buy, and I entered it. Everything was fine until the bank messed up on my account due to an error on their end and took funds I needed out of my account. My transaction with best buy failed and the preorder got canceled.... I went through gamestop and purchased another preorder and got my code.... But now it isn't letting me put it in. It also says I'm not eligable to play pre release with my current code, or at least the check mark isn't next to the section as it is with everything else..... Is there any way I can remove a preorder? I want to put my new one in... Sort of irritating and some help would be fantastic! Thank you!
Mereel Carid
Imperial Moff
Iron Talon

Boubba
12.14.2011 , 03:08 AM | #2
Go into your account, and check the "Pre Order" link.
Does it say : "You redeemed your Pre-Order Code and now are registered for the following items:

Early Game Access"

If so, your account is still flagged for Early Access.
The main account page asking you to redeem the code do not refer to the preorder code, but the serial code of the game, an entirely different code that will be found in your game box or sent by Origin on the day of the official release. this code will be usable on the official launch date, the 20th of December.

pSyToR
12.14.2011 , 03:10 AM | #3
Hi Deceptous...

I had the same ... "problem" (let's call it like that...)

If you look at the "Are your ready page" and there is no check mark at "redeem a product registration..." it,s not for the Pre-Access... it's only for the game itself...

I did the same mistake... Take time to read the line above that... First line is clear... :

"Get ready to play!

If you are a pre-order customer, the following steps are NOT required for Early Game Access."

To check for that go to your Account ("My Account" at the top of this page)

check on the right side menu of that page click on "Pre-Order" that's the place to check.

Like me it says :

"You redeemed your Pre-Order Code and now are registered for the following items:

Early Game Access"

That's the official place to see it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Deceptous View Post
Hey guys!

Something happened that is sort of ticking me off and some advice would be nice. I tried to find some help in the forums but there is just so much to look through. I preordered the game about 2 months ago and entered in my code. It gave me my preorder code, through email via best buy, and I entered it. Everything was fine until the bank messed up on my account due to an error on their end and took funds I needed out of my account. My transaction with best buy failed and the preorder got canceled.... I went through gamestop and purchased another preorder and got my code.... But now it isn't letting me put it in. It also says I'm not eligable to play pre release with my current code, or at least the check mark isn't next to the section as it is with everything else..... Is there any way I can remove a preorder? I want to put my new one in... Sort of irritating and some help would be fantastic! Thank you!

Deceptous
12.14.2011 , 03:16 AM | #4
Oh ok cool! Thanks guys. I've been so anxious to get in early that I freaked out. It does say I have early access. Sweet. But I did read somewhere that I would receive an email about it starting and then an email for when I get accepted, right? I never got the email stating it got started.... Is that a problem?

"To clarify this issue please be aware there are two Early Access emails.
The first is the Early Access Announcement email.
The second is the Early Access Invite email. "
Mereel Carid
Imperial Moff
Iron Talon

Boubba
12.14.2011 , 03:21 AM | #5
Yup, Bioware is sending those mail according to the date you redeemed your preorder code. You just have to wait for that second mail granting you Early Access.

Deceptous
12.14.2011 , 03:22 AM | #6
Yeah but I never got the first one. Wouldn't that have sent that already to me?
Mereel Carid
Imperial Moff
Iron Talon

Boubba
12.14.2011 , 03:24 AM | #7
Oops, my bad, I should have paid more attention to your post.

As long as you have "You redeemed your Pre-Order Code and now are registered for the following items:

Early Game Access"

in the "Pre Order" part of your account, you should be good to go.

Deceptous
12.14.2011 , 03:25 AM | #8
Ok cool. Thanks guys! Sorry for my noobness =P
Mereel Carid
Imperial Moff
Iron Talon

pSyToR
12.14.2011 , 03:34 AM | #9
If you never got the first one...

I would tend to make sure that your email address is written properly in your profile...

If you're like me you updated your profile a long time ago and maybe used an email that you don't use anymore or mistyped it (happens to the better of us ;-) )

Try to check everything related to this... Make sure it says you have the Redeem for Early game Access and I wouldn't be too worry about it... Until the 19th ;-)

Deceptous
12.14.2011 , 03:37 AM | #10
Well I did get the whole "Preload the game now" email. Is that the first?
Mereel Carid
Imperial Moff
Iron Talon