Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Favorite Romance Relationship in SWTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Favorite Romance Relationship in SWTOR?

shinder
01.06.2012 , 11:03 PM | #1
So a question for those of you who have played the game enough to romance a companion character at least once. What romance relationship, either male or female, do you players find the most compelling and well...awesome? One of the reasons I love Bioware RPG's is because of some of the great romances that I feel really make the overall storyline of the game much more compelling and interesting--say, for example, the Revan/Bastila romance storyline in KOTOR 1, or the Shepard/Ashley romance in ME1, which I also thought was very well done.

What are your guys' favorite romance relationships in this game so far? I was watching vids of the Sith Warrior's romances with Dark sided Jaese and light sighted Vette and, no offense to any Jaese or Vette lovers, couldn't stop laughing. Vette is voiced so cheesily at times and I find it hard to imagine her in a "romantic" relationship with a Sith Lord, even if he has a heart of gold. On top of that, I think that any dark-side romance is usually terrible..dark sided sith are just far too angry all the time to be involved in anything as 'peaceful' or even emotionally fulfilling as love.

So, what are your favorite love interest stories in this game so far, on both male and female?

Verona
01.07.2012 , 04:53 AM | #2
I'm interested to know as well. The consular is pretty lackluster and awkward. Iresso is a tad...bland and boring.

Evolvana
01.07.2012 , 05:16 AM | #3
I'm a female Imperial agent just starting my romance with Vector. I'll tell you later how he is! He seems to be the calm and diplomatic kind of guy, and alien in his mind, so... it's kinda strange but exotic at the same time, I'm curious I think he's quite good-looking, too. Reminds me a bit of Thrawn but human version

Raiellyn
01.07.2012 , 06:23 AM | #4
Corso. By the gods, Corso.

My smuggler is only on Tatooine so far, but I have fallen in love with the arc.

He gave me a blaster named "Sparkles."
Need I say more?

grania
01.07.2012 , 06:37 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Raiellyn View Post

Need I say more?
That's cute I'd probably like Corso if he didn't look so much like like my brother. And I don't trust companion mods; the majority of the time they don't show.

I enjoyed the Malavai Quinn romance but it ends weird, in fact I'm not sure whether or not the characters are even still married. (Does anyone think that what happens with Quinn is appropriate? Especially as the romance companion for females, it's just confusing storytelling, not really enjoyable.)
--,-'-{## ##}-'-,--
"Mama, I dies your character, sorree!"

Raiellyn
01.07.2012 , 06:47 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by grania View Post
That's cute I'd probably like Corso if he didn't look so much like like my brother.
... Eek.

grania
01.07.2012 , 07:02 AM | #7
... Eek.
In COLLEGE. How he looked in college, lol, probably should have mentioned that. Still, yuck.
--,-'-{## ##}-'-,--
"Mama, I dies your character, sorree!"

Ranadiel_Marius
01.07.2012 , 07:05 AM | #8
I've only fully played through the Kira romance for male JKs, but I found it to be absolutelty great.

Dilv
01.07.2012 , 07:07 AM | #9
Personally as a Jedi I'm really enjoying the romance story with Kira. I hope they develop it more and more over time with lots of content patches including more after 50.

Happily married middle aged guy with kids...but I'm a sucker for a good romance story.

sabreene
01.07.2012 , 07:20 AM | #10

Need I say more?
^^ This. I completely fell for the storyline, and he's just so cute. I know I'm a sucker for the Bioware good guy so I should've expected it, but I was still surprised. Doesn't hurt that the smuggler character is so much fun, too!

I'd love to know how the other stories are to help decide what to play next.