Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Juggernaut or marauder?

SolidLemon
01.06.2012 , 10:46 PM | #1
I recently rolled a warrior to 10, and i chose juggernaut. for some reason though I'm regretting my decision. turns out i think dual wielding sabers is a lot cooler than tanking

Slaxon
01.06.2012 , 11:02 PM | #2
Go for it. That's one more group that'll be looking for me.

Mausman
01.06.2012 , 11:13 PM | #3
Both classes are great but here's something:
Most people who roll marauders end up regretting playing one because they feel they're underpowered and need serious fixing.
This is NOT true, however, what IS true is that the marauder tends to be a "late bloomer," requires constant monitoring of CD's more than most classes, takes patience and strategy to play properly, and can be gear dependent.

I personally love the rage tree for marauders, I tried the other two, and I wasn't doing very well with them.
I'm not saying they aren't viable specs, I was just better with rage.

If you want to make a marauder, just know it may take a while for your abilities to really start to have an impact, and you're going to need to keep your gear updated as you level.

I guarantee that if you just have patience, spec right, and get the best gear you can that you will be happy.
\w/ Hail Satan \w/

Abuka
01.07.2012 , 12:15 AM | #4
Jugg=no death and no dps
Mara=death and dps

So, is your goal not to die, or not to dps?

Bird_of_Thunder
01.07.2012 , 02:11 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Abuka View Post
Jugg=no death and no dps
Mara=death and dps

So, is your goal not to die, or not to dps?
Marauders just need to gear up right, then they are an unstoppable whirlwind of pure Dark Side power!
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

Vasilii
01.07.2012 , 02:20 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Slaxon View Post
Go for it. That's one more group that'll be looking for me.
This is the problem with the forums. Snarky comments like that.

Marauder is pretty fun. I played it a lot in the beta and am now a Juggernaut (trying something different).

lpsmash
01.07.2012 , 02:47 AM | #7
Playing a Juggernaut. I don't regret it. Vengeance is actually a pretty good dps spec, and Shien form is by far the best of the form. I'll admit, I'm not 50 yet, but I tear through all mobs pretty quickly without ever resting.

I'm also playing a Jedi Sentinel, and yes it is pretty cool. But the Juggernaut is the most ****** character I have. There's something about wielding only 1 saber..

Heavy armor looks pretty cool too.

Lywald
01.07.2012 , 09:34 AM | #8
One lightsaber is better than 2, because it's classy as ****.
And heavy armor is classy as **** too.
That being said, marauders probably have more DPS than us.
But I don't regret my lv50 juggernaut at all. It's awesome.

Alxea_Eve
01.07.2012 , 10:29 AM | #9
Can a marauder use a shield generator?

Liquid_Velocity
01.08.2012 , 12:15 AM | #10
I'm juggernaut and haven't tried marauder.

But I still feel rather squishy in my mid-20's. Maybe I've made some bad gear choices or skill choices but whenever I run into 3 even-level foes by myself (no companion), I'll end up at about 1/2 to 1/3 hit points. Not very tankish, if you ask me.
------------------------------
Member of House Nachash