Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Sith chain of command


enigmayshi's Avatar


enigmayshi
01.07.2012 , 12:52 AM | #11
Actually Acolytes are Below pretty much all the ranked Military/nonforce users, simply because while Acolytes are force users they are not 'Sith' yet. They are still nonsith until they prove themselves worthy of being sith.

truedark's Avatar


truedark
01.07.2012 , 12:57 AM | #12
Can we stop comparing the Galactic Empire and the Sith Empire? Two completely different empires. Tarkin had control over Vader because Palpatine told him to assist Tarkin. In the Sith Empire all force users are higher ranking than any non force user. Even grand moffs can be killed for no reason by a low ranking sith for little reason other than because they would want to.

The only non force users in the Sith empire who aren't subservient to force users are the Emperor's Imperial Guard.
CE VIP

enigmayshi's Avatar


enigmayshi
01.07.2012 , 12:59 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by truedark View Post
Can we stop comparing the Galactic Empire and the Sith Empire? Two completely different empires. Tarkin had control over Vader because Palpatine told him to assist Tarkin. In the Sith Empire all force users are higher ranking than any non force user. Even grand moffs can be killed for no reason by a low ranking sith for little reason other than because they would want to.

The only non force users in the Sith empire who aren't subservient to force users are the Emperor's Imperial Guard.
If a low ranking Sith killed the Grand Moff for no reaosn other than "I felt like it" Said sith would promptly be executed for sheer stupidity.

If the Grand Moff didn't simply wipe the floor with said low ranking Sith. (And I don't mean in personal combat.)

But as I said, Acolytes are lower than say Moffs and Admirals and other ranked individuals.

truedark's Avatar


truedark
01.07.2012 , 01:02 AM | #14
No they aren't. Keeper (Someone who I would consider more powerful than most Moffs) wouldn't mess with the Sith, especially the dark council. In the Sith empire, if you don't have force powers you are subservient to those who do. Most Sith aren't dumb enough to kill a Grand Moff because if they did, the Sith Lords and or Darths who support said Moff would go out of their way to kill said Sith.
CE VIP

enigmayshi's Avatar


enigmayshi
01.07.2012 , 01:06 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by truedark View Post
No they aren't. Keeper (Someone who I would consider more powerful than most Moffs) wouldn't mess with the Sith, especially the dark council. In the Sith empire, if you don't have force powers you are subservient to those who do. Most Sith aren't dumb enough to kill a Grand Moff because if they did, the Sith Lords and or Darths who support said Moff would go out of their way to kill said Sith.
Acolytes aren't Sith yet, they have to prove themselves worthy of being Sith. Hence they have less pull/weight/authority versus anything like a Moff and Admiral. Despite the later being nonforce sensitive.

That was my only point not that Lords/Darths and such are under anyone other than in their own hierarchy because yes they are above nonforce users.

ColonelColt's Avatar


ColonelColt
01.07.2012 , 01:07 AM | #16
The Sith Empire is a carbon copy, straight copy-paste job of the Galactic Empire. So you really need only look at the GE to see how the SE works. Basically, you have the Emperor who controls everything. Beneath him you have the dark council which handles everything when the Emperor can't be bothered. Beneath them you have Grand Moffs/Grand Admirals/Grand Generals(assuming the SE has the last one). Beneath those you have Moffs, admirals, generals etc.

Now Sith a sort of like officers. You can go to the academy and graduate as an Officer, thus automatically putting you above enlisted troops. Acolytes are pretty *********** powerless since they're merely in training. How many troopers did you order around on Korriban after all. Apprentices have significantly more authority, being akin to Lieutenants/captains. Sith Lords are where the real power starts coming into play. They'd be akin to your colonels or brigadier generals. However Moffs and Grand Moffs, FS or not, can still order them around. Darth's are pretty much the Sith version of Grand Moffs/Grand Admirals.

truedark's Avatar


truedark
01.07.2012 , 01:08 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by enigmayshi View Post
Acolytes aren't Sith yet, they have to prove themselves worthy of being Sith. Hence they have less pull/weight/authority versus anything like a Moff and Admiral. Despite the later being nonforce sensitive.

That was my only point not that Lords/Darths and such are under anyone other than in their own hierarchy because yes they are above nonforce users.
Ahh, thought you meant Apprentices. Acolytes aren't technically Sith so they don't have say. However most people would show them proper respect because you don't want to piss off a potential future dark council member.
CE VIP

Nylyan's Avatar


Nylyan
01.07.2012 , 01:08 AM | #18
Doesn't it go something like this.

Emperor > Emperor's Hand/Wrath > Imperial Guard(Though they just mainly take orders from no one except the Emperor, and don't very often order others around) The Sith Council > Darth > Lord > Apprentice > Non-Force users/Sith Trainees.

Then ofcourse the Non-Force users have their own little system aswell.

truedark's Avatar


truedark
01.07.2012 , 01:10 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by ColonelColt View Post
The Sith Empire is a carbon copy, straight copy-paste job of the Galactic Empire. So you really need only look at the GE to see how the SE works. Basically, you have the Emperor who controls everything. Beneath him you have the dark council which handles everything when the Emperor can't be bothered. Beneath them you have Grand Moffs/Grand Admirals/Grand Generals(assuming the SE has the last one). Beneath those you have Moffs, admirals, generals etc.

Now Sith a sort of like officers. You can go to the academy and graduate as an Officer, thus automatically putting you above enlisted troops. Acolytes are pretty *********** powerless since they're merely in training. How many troopers did you order around on Korriban after all. Apprentices have significantly more authority, being akin to Lieutenants/captains. Sith Lords are where the real power starts coming into play. They'd be akin to your colonels or brigadier generals. However Moffs and Grand Moffs, FS or not, can still order them around. Darth's are pretty much the Sith version of Grand Moffs/Grand Admirals.
Far from it. They are far from carbon copies of each other.
CE VIP

DrkCntry's Avatar


DrkCntry
01.07.2012 , 01:14 AM | #20
If my canon memory serves me...based upon New Hope-era.

Emperor -> Agents of the Emperor/Direct Apprentice (Vader) = Grand Moff -> Military

Now, following this structure you could assume that canon in the Old Republic era would be something like this...

Emperor -> Agents of the Emperor/Direct Apprentice(s) -> Grand Moff = Council -> lesser-Darth -> Lord -> Apprentice -> Acolyte -> rank and file Military.

Of course, this is all conjecture simply because the fluid nature of Sith hierarchy.