Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith chain of command

Kedeli
01.06.2012 , 10:01 PM | #1
Where would an Acolyte be ranked in the Sith empire in relation to the Imperial Military? Would he be considered superior to all non-force users?

Mechavomit
01.06.2012 , 10:02 PM | #2
Military/any non-forceuser < Acolyte < Apprentice < Lord < Darth

Amandeep
01.06.2012 , 10:05 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Mechavomit View Post
Military/any non-forceuser < Acolyte < Apprentice < Lord < Darth
not entirely true. Moffs and generals hold power over force users
Subscription countdown - 2 hours

Kedeli
01.06.2012 , 10:22 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Amandeep View Post
Can anyone clarify exactly what it is?

Kedeli
01.06.2012 , 11:11 PM | #5
Please I really want to know for sure!

Chiricahua
01.06.2012 , 11:13 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Amandeep View Post
In the movies the Governor was Darth Vader's superior.

CanWolfShadow
01.06.2012 , 11:14 PM | #7
THink of the Jedi/Sith as a seperate chain of command. Sort of like 'Special Forces' in the current military.

A Special Forces Sgt. might technically be at the Orders of a Lt. of the regular fordces, but only an idiot lt. tries to issue orders to teh Specforces without consulting them first.

BobTheTeepo
01.06.2012 , 11:22 PM | #8
It's not really so black and white I don't think.

Remember how Tarkin ordered Vader around in the movies? It wasn't because he was higher ranked than Vader (Even though he kinda was), it was because Tarkin had control over everything that involved the Death Star. The Emperor put him in charge specifically for that. Darth Vader was out of his area of jurisdiction, so to speak.

I'd say that and Sith is above anyone who isn't a Sith BUT, a higher ranking Sith can assign a lower ranking Sith to be under the command of a non sith. Like the Palpatine did to Vader, though that's I'm pretty much only guessing here. Not to mention,

if a Moff is in control of something specific, I don't think a normal Sith can disobey him in regards to what he controls. Like if a Moff controls Hoth, if he says this Sith can't kill republic troops on Hoth, the Sith must obey. But that doesn't mean that the Moff can tell this Sith what to do on Hoth, that is only the case if the Sith's master tells him to serve that Moff.

But that's all just guessing really :/.
Click here to get some free goodies if you're new player OR a former sub.
Click here for more information on the rewards.

Stealthy_Monkey
01.06.2012 , 11:39 PM | #9
I don't think it's anything so complicated. Although I'm nowhere near as familiar with the setting as others.

A sith has command over any non-force user, unless the non-force user has enough political, personal or military clout to ignore/kill the sith.

Kedeli
01.07.2012 , 12:37 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Stealthy_Monkey View Post
I don't think it's anything so complicated. Although I'm nowhere near as familiar with the setting as others.

A sith has command over any non-force user, unless the non-force user has enough political, personal or military clout to ignore/kill the sith.
I ask because at the start of the Sith Inquisitor or Warrior story line, you run into a Sargent at the start of the game who talks to you as though you are a higher rank than him (first guy you talk to after opening cut-scene). I can't imagine an acolyte having authority over an Imperial commander or even a slightly lower rank, a slave with no formal training as of yet taking an authoritative position over even a medium ranking Imperial soldier makes no sense. Correct me if I'm wrong but as a former slave and now a raw recruit, you should certainly be rank and file. Can someone explain the official hierarchy please?