Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GameSpot Review In - 8.0/10

Improv-
01.06.2012 , 09:35 PM | #11
People complain about 8's now? =/

The game has had over 25 reviews and not a single one has been lower than an 8. I can't believe people complain about 8's these days =.=

kottonmouth
01.06.2012 , 09:36 PM | #12
IGN>Gamespot. If you have noticed GS refuses to give anything by blizzard below a 9. I haven't taken that sight seriously since they gave Warhammer an 8.5

Mezla
01.06.2012 , 09:36 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Improv- View Post
People complain about 8's now? =/

The game has had over 25 reviews and not a single one has been lower than an 8. I can't believe people complain about 8's these days =.=
Dude, in the world of video game reviews anything below 90% is 0.

flunkorg
01.06.2012 , 09:37 PM | #14
8 is a bad score?
Reviews can magically determine how well an MMO will do?
Review scores are facts not opinions?
What?
Quote: Originally Posted by Skoobie View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

The game isn't broken, some of the playerbase is.

Drudenfusz
01.06.2012 , 09:39 PM | #15
The current state the game is in (all the bugs and many standard MMO features not available) I would say even 8.0 is too high...
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Improv-
01.06.2012 , 09:39 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Mezla View Post
Dude, in the world of video game reviews anything below 90% is 0.
Yeah noticed this trend. Seems pretty recent though. Heck even 9's aren't good enough now. Has to be 9.5 or 10. But if a game gets either of the two it is payed off.

Remember when anything from a 7 up used to be considered great? Heck if you look at the review numbers IGN for example lists a 7 as "good." Somehow that has turned into "bad."

Oh well...

aznthecapn
01.06.2012 , 09:39 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Jhonen View Post
All of these (with the exception of Cata) didn't make it past the initial 6/mo period, and it doesn't look like TOR will either.
I'm so happy people like you aren't running this game. You'd have pulled the plug in the first week. If you don't think it'll survive, cut your losses, shut your yap and take your money elsewhere.

Improv-
01.06.2012 , 09:41 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by aznthecapn View Post
I'm so happy people like you aren't running this game. You'd have pulled the plug in the first week. If you don't think it'll survive, cut your losses, shut your yap and take your money elsewhere.
Didn't you hear? If GameSpot was to give it a 9 it would automatically mean success. But giving it a score of "Great" instead of "Outstanding?" Awful. Obviously a sinking ship.

Tekkoclarky
01.06.2012 , 09:41 PM | #19
Now age of conan's first 20 lvls were great, all voiced, great quests, **** etc.

But then you left that area and it was terrible.

Add in all the bugs to the first area. It was instanced, heavily instanced. You could even be in a group for a group quest, go into an instanced zone and you would all be in separate instances.

Imagine that happened to SWTOR lol.

Age of Conan is one of the worst launches ever, it was terrible. Talk about no end game, there was no levelling content... It was basically a single player game, due to the instance bugs.

Anyway, make up your own mind if you like it or not, not some crap review. But yes, for new players, I guess it needs good reviews.

Improv-
01.06.2012 , 09:42 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Tekkoclarky View Post
Now age of conan's first 20 lvls were great, all voiced, great quests, **** etc.

But then you left that area and it was terrible.

Add in all the bugs to the first area. It was instanced, heavily instanced. You could even be in a group for a group quest, go into an instanced zone and you would all be in separate instances.

Imagine that happened to SWTOR lol.

Age of Conan is one of the worst launches ever, it was terrible. Talk about no end game, there was no levelling content...
That was the time when GameSpot was quick to review MMO's. Why Warhammer and AoC have such high ratings. They don't do that anymore.

People need to seriously remember that reviews are just opinions. GameSpot gave the new Zelda a 7.5 when nearly every other review was a 9 or a 10. Some people are going to like a game more and others less.

8 is a great score get over it honestly...