Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DEFEAT The First Son

Gallitin
01.11.2012 , 12:20 PM | #11
I had similar issues, just bring a friend along to help you take him out quickly.

Deedre
01.11.2012 , 12:42 PM | #12
Latency on this fight is a problem, and it will also bug out in certain spots and prevent you from targetting him. (The corner near the cave entrance is bad, if you try to do LOS tricks there, weird things happen.)

Took me four tries, but I got it. I finally found a good spot where I could turret. Back center of the room. Used Tharan for interrupts and heals. This is one of the few fights where he really comes in handy. Did this as hybrid seer/TK spec.

Deedre
01.11.2012 , 12:45 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Pahkmycah View Post
When you enter the cave, you go to the right to approach Syo. Use that corner to just LoS every cast he attempts to hit you with. I simply just kept hugging the corner when he would try to cast a spell, while Tharan kept tossing heals. Really cheeses the fight, but it works.
Yeah, this didn't work for me. He became untargettable when he tried to pursue me around the corner.

I finally just stood in the back center of the room and tanked his damage, with interrupts on some casts and one always saved for the cave in; and I used Tharan, too, who is good on this fight.

Raltar
01.11.2012 , 02:07 PM | #14
the LOS in the room is pretty terrible, but he wasn't too bad once I found where all of the spots were that caused the horrible LOS. Pretty easy after that as a healer with Nadia.

quaesitor
01.12.2012 , 05:14 PM | #15
Yeah, sometimes the mobs "disappear" into the floor and become untargetable. If your tank companion is standing next to them, he is ALSO untargetable.

Also, those two strong Children respawned on me once during a fight with Syo. REEEAAALLLY torked me off.

pahbi
01.16.2012 , 05:13 PM | #16
I did this at level 48 with full healing spec and Iresso, it took 4 tries however.

The final try I almost lost because Iresso got knocked into some weird rock crevice and was out of line of sight for heals.

All in all, I just kept Iresso up, threw in some dps when possible, and interrupted at much as possible.

- P

Yogol
01.16.2012 , 06:44 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ubwcgm View Post
I keep Rejuvenate on him at all times.
Really ?

I rarely use this, and heal him all the time too. Every 3 casts, I switch targets and put on my DOT, every 6 casts both DOTs (together with interupts when needed, ofcourse).

But yes, when you go in as healer with a tank, you're going for the looooong run, so you have to interupt the cave-ins.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

rzebiak
01.16.2012 , 07:31 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Yogol View Post
Really ?

I rarely use this, and heal him all the time too. Every 3 casts, I switch targets and put on my DOT, every 6 casts both DOTs (together with interupts when needed, ofcourse).

But yes, when you go in as healer with a tank, you're going for the looooong run, so you have to interupt the cave-ins.
You should be casting rejuv on whenever it isn't up. The proc is just too amazing to pass up.

Beat First Son as a level 48 healer using Qyzen. Qyzen was using mainly greens around level 45 with a level 39 blue techblade.

Just kept rejuv/shield up on Qyzen. Dots up on First Son. Whenever Qyzen drops down on health used healing trance for the free noble sacrifce, and then Deliverance if he was still low. Make use of your stun/interrupts whenever possible on the first stage of the fight, as at this point he won't do his cave collapse so you don't need to save them.

Second phase is the exact same as the first except you need to save an interupt for his cave collapse.

At the stage inbetween the 1st and 2nd phase you are helped and you regenerate health, I'm not sure how much it heals you but it might be wise to use some noble sacs right before the first phase ends as you are given health back anyway.

Died once due to respawning mobs, second time I just backed into the far corner and the mobs don't get involved in the fight.

Obmifik
01.18.2012 , 09:27 AM | #19
i beat him at 47 as a kinetic shadow using tharan. i just kept everything interrupted and it went smooth as silk. if you dont have the 5 interrupts that i had(spinning kick, force wave, force stun x2, mind snap) then you just have to figure out the best rotation to get the maximum effect.

ZenBones
01.18.2012 , 10:17 AM | #20
The first time I fought him, I got destroyed, but only because I stealthed past the two silver-level mobs on the way in, and aggroed them when I started fighting Syo.

After respawning, I took them out, and then fought Syo without that interference. Defeated him on the first attempt, and didn't even use my 20-minute ability.

It was a long, drawn-out fight. I'm a shadow, and used Tharan for the heals (all of the level 40+ bosses have required me to do this). I stunned and interrupted everything I could. If the rocks started falling out of the ceiling, I ran out from under them. Eventually I wore him down.
Jedi Consular Shadow - "Sounds dangerous. I'll take care of it."
May the farce be with you.