Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DEFEAT The First Son

DJRiful
01.06.2012 , 08:54 PM | #1
Hey guys,

I can't get to defeat the First Son... it kept on instantly kill me even I made stuns and CC on the target.

Anyone here who had successfully defeat the First Son?

This is the class quest

Eureka - Cammarata
Republic on Keller's Void Eastern Server
Cammarata Guild | Recruitment

Kitru
01.06.2012 , 08:59 PM | #2
Were you interrupting his big casts? I'm pretty sure if you let the cast that brings the cave down on your head complete, it simply gibs you outright. I didn't have any problems at all when I fought him, but I'm an experienced Champion solo'er and he's just an elite.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

DJRiful
01.06.2012 , 09:00 PM | #3
I was, but at the same time I was lagging I guess. Huge delays

Eureka - Cammarata

Alikain
01.06.2012 , 09:04 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DJRiful View Post
I was, but at the same time I was lagging I guess. Huge delays
What is your spec and who do you have with you.
Fear is a disease; hope is its only cure.
Compromise is a virtue to be cultivated, not a weakness to be despised.
Belief is not a matter of choice, but of conviction.
Trust in your friends, and they’ll have reason to trust in you.

Gerudan
01.06.2012 , 09:23 PM | #5
I died two times trying him.

He's fight mostly resembles Lord Vivicar's: Interrupt his sudden death skill with mind snap and he is more or less easy. Even though I've beaten Stark in my second try, I think Stark is by fare the most difficult boss in our class quest. If you have beaten him, you should be able to beat the son as well, just be mindful, when he tries to bring down the cave and interrupt him in time.

DJRiful
01.06.2012 , 09:24 PM | #6
I got it done thx. I was having high latency for some reason spiking up to 200-300ms.

I just reboot my router and restart the game. everything is clear.

Now I'm wondering. Lol I chose to wake up the Master but what if I chose the other option for letting him die... I wonder how would that affect the Republic.

Eureka - Cammarata

Seizonsha
01.11.2012 , 09:14 AM | #7
Healer spec and there is no way i can beat this guy. Most i've reached is 40%

Rejectoo
01.11.2012 , 09:44 AM | #8
I lost the first time do to his big casts and interrupts. Second time I owned him. I keep him locked down and he did not come close to killing me. I used Theran to heal me.

I had to help a guildie do him though has a healer he could not do it either. To much to heal pet and try to interrupt at the same time.

ubwcgm
01.11.2012 , 09:49 AM | #9
Level 49 Heal spec using Qyzen, who was equipped with Voss commendation mods and the green lvl 48 techblade from Corellia.

Stood in melee range.

Kept boss targeted, with mind crush and weaken mind always on the boss. Tossed Telekinetic throw out if Qyzen was above 80% health. Project when I thought I could fit it in.

Interrupted the cave in, if mind snap was on cd I used force wave. I never had to try and use force stun, but I kept it ready if needed. If I had two interrupts ready then I would interrupt any other spell I thought was doing a lot of damage.

Healing Qyzen was how I always heal him. I keep Rejuvenate on him at all times. Force shield when it can be cast. I use healing trance on CD in hopes of free noble sacrifice. But don't be afraid of deliverance. Deliverance is probably my main heal on Qyzen at all times. Force potency + conveyance deliverance in case of emergency.

Died once because I didn't interrupt the cave in. Died once because of the respawn, just fight on the other side of the cave to avoid it.

Most of the time I read people having trouble with bosses I can't help but wonder if they have their companion equipped on par with their level? I use Qyzen for everything and when I kept his gear up to date it was always doable. While leveling I used one planet's commendations for me, then the next planet for my companion.

Hope this helps.

Pahkmycah
01.11.2012 , 10:54 AM | #10
When you enter the cave, you go to the right to approach Syo. Use that corner to just LoS every cast he attempts to hit you with. I simply just kept hugging the corner when he would try to cast a spell, while Tharan kept tossing heals. Really cheeses the fight, but it works.