Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mace Wimdu and Darth Sidious

Grimnaar
01.06.2012 , 07:52 PM | #1
Just wondering, if Darth Sidious was the most powerful sith lord ever and could kill people with a single burst of lightning. How powerful was Mace Windu to be able to reflect it back on sidious and almost kill him?

Was Mace just as or more powerful than Yoda?

Jrizzzle
01.06.2012 , 07:58 PM | #2
I always assumed that was just a ruse to force Anakin to take action against Mace Windu thus completing his dark side transformation

TollShaddar
01.06.2012 , 07:58 PM | #3
Mace Windu was probably Yoda's equal in combat if not more powerful. Yoda's was still considered the wisest.

Grimnaar
01.06.2012 , 08:04 PM | #4
Thanks for the reply!

I thought that it might of been a ruse also. I was just wondering about it. I wish I could understand the lore a little better its really confuses me sometimes. Like how powerful the emperor is and how no jedi comes close because of what they belive or the way they practice restraint, its a wonder how they would win agaisnt anything

Yubei
01.06.2012 , 08:05 PM | #5
I don't think it's a question of Windu being powerful but rather the skills to use those power. For example, a single X-Wing Fighter is able to take out the Deathstar, does that make the X-Wing more powerful?

Grimnaar
01.06.2012 , 08:12 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Yubei View Post
I don't think it's a question of Windu being powerful but rather the skills to use those power. For example, a single X-Wing Fighter is able to take out the Deathstar, does that make the X-Wing more powerful?
Thas a good point! I would imagine that emperor would have better skills though because he has had more time to atune them and hone those skills? Unless he was just a old lazy guy?

Rhyltran
01.06.2012 , 08:13 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimnaar View Post
Just wondering, if Darth Sidious was the most powerful sith lord ever and could kill people with a single burst of lightning. How powerful was Mace Windu to be able to reflect it back on sidious and almost kill him?

Was Mace just as or more powerful than Yoda?
In that duel I think he was as powerful as Yoda or stronger. Note that before the duel he was able to rival Yoda in lightsaber combat. It states in the novel that he gave himself more to his form than ever before. Pushing him closest to the dark side than he's ever been. This means, at that moment, he took a massive gamble and likely was stronger than he ever was before.

Yet even so. He was going to die. He was just about to lose his grip on his lightsaber just before Sidious played weak. If it kept going his saber would have flown from his hand (much as it did Yoda's) and well.. out the window he would have went.

Darth_Eclipses
01.06.2012 , 08:15 PM | #8
George Lucas is on record as stating that Mace legitimately defeated Sidious.

Thought you might want to know.

Barrechor
01.06.2012 , 09:43 PM | #9
Its widely known that Sidious was far from being the most powerful sith lord ever. He was a choir boy compared to some of the earlier emperors.

Mace Windu was a very powerful Jedi and would rightly give Sidious a run for his money.

The big question however and the thing that really winds me up is; How does Sidious kill Kit Fisto so easily. A true master of Shii-cho and a Jedi legend, gets cut down in half a second?

I dont think so Mr Lucas....
Barrechor - Lv50 BM Focus Guard / Katana - Lv40 Scrapper / <Tarro Blood> - East Coast

Wolfninjajedi
01.06.2012 , 09:58 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Barrechor View Post
Its widely known that Sidious was far from being the most powerful sith lord ever. He was a choir boy compared to some of the earlier emperors.

Mace Windu was a very powerful Jedi and would rightly give Sidious a run for his money.

The big question however and the thing that really winds me up is; How does Sidious kill Kit Fisto so easily. A true master of Shii-cho and a Jedi legend, gets cut down in half a second?

I dont think so Mr Lucas....
Because Sidious was superior to him in saber skill.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.