Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

BEST credit making Crew Skills?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
BEST credit making Crew Skills?

SenseiGoju's Avatar


SenseiGoju
01.06.2012 , 07:11 PM | #1
Is there a combination of gathering skill instead of crafting to make some good credit off of?

RasereiAmok's Avatar


RasereiAmok
01.06.2012 , 07:13 PM | #2
Crew skills are for crafting not making money

ZingFreelancer's Avatar


ZingFreelancer
01.06.2012 , 07:17 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SenseiGoju View Post
Is there a combination of gathering skill instead of crafting to make some good credit off of?
Not that I know of, not any more at least.

Treasure hunting is pretty good, you can either do gem missions or lockbox missions. Gems can be sold on GTN and lockboxes gives credits or items you can vendor / use.

Scaveging can make money, but its a bit tedious.


My advice, PVP for level 20 and 40 gear and just follow the main story. Along the way you find heroics that give you nice mods and vendors that sell mod able items.

Berrigan's Avatar


Berrigan
06.26.2012 , 08:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SenseiGoju View Post
Is there a combination of gathering skill instead of crafting to make some good credit off of?
I picked Scavenging - Bioanalysis - Slicing. Bioanalysis because you can find plants like everywhere (lol), Scavenging because it's everywhere too and you can get some from silver and up droids, and slicing because those credit boxes laying around are just straightup credits. Hope this helps!

Is anyone reading this? -_-
- The Ironwall Legacy -
Aerrigan - Jedi Guardian - Berrigan - Sith Assassin
Cerrigan - Gunslinger - Derrigan - Mercenary

Yogol's Avatar


Yogol
06.27.2012 , 06:18 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Berrigan View Post
I picked Scavenging - Bioanalysis - Slicing. Bioanalysis because you can find plants like everywhere (lol), Scavenging because it's everywhere too and you can get some from silver and up droids, and slicing because those credit boxes laying around are just straightup credits. Hope this helps!

Is anyone reading this? -_-
You can get 3 gathering skills? That's new, no?
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

Boozsha's Avatar


Boozsha
06.27.2012 , 12:19 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Yogol View Post
You can get 3 gathering skills? That's new, no?
No you have always been able to get the 3 gathering skills or 3 mission skills.

Raora's Avatar


Raora
06.27.2012 , 04:13 PM | #7
I have Archeology/Scavaging/Bioanalysis with all my characters and get a ton. But honestly, I have not gathered a thing the last 2 months with my toons as I can just watch the market and buy all the materials that people put up for under 100 cr per unit and then re-sell them at going rate. I put up (50) stacks of 20 every 12 hours, time permitting, and make around 500k per day doing this with just about an hour invested per day doing so.

Berrigan's Avatar


Berrigan
06.27.2012 , 08:53 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Raora View Post
I have Archeology/Scavaging/Bioanalysis with all my characters and get a ton. But honestly, I have not gathered a thing the last 2 months with my toons as I can just watch the market and buy all the materials that people put up for under 100 cr per unit and then re-sell them at going rate. I put up (50) stacks of 20 every 12 hours, time permitting, and make around 500k per day doing this with just about an hour invested per day doing so.
The only reason(s) I took 3 gathering skills were because:
(1) For my other character's crafting skills.
(2) For the credits.
(3) Because I'm not one to watch the GTN unless I have to.

I have 8 toons and to me that was the best idea for an 8-toon crew-skill mix-up. I just didn't want 2 toons to have the same crew skill.
- The Ironwall Legacy -
Aerrigan - Jedi Guardian - Berrigan - Sith Assassin
Cerrigan - Gunslinger - Derrigan - Mercenary

MouseNoFour's Avatar


MouseNoFour
06.28.2012 , 12:07 AM | #9
Slicing 400 - Advanced Neural Augmentator + Subelectronic Data Module - GTN - profit?