Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Question about Mission Discovery Items

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
A Question about Mission Discovery Items
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alevia
01.06.2012 , 05:19 PM | #1
Do mission discovery items only give you access to the mission once? I had assumed that once it was taught that it would be available again every day or so... but I used one several days ago and since then it's not been available.

If they really aren't re-usable, then 1) I don't see the point and 2) they need to not be called "Discovery" maybe something like "Requisition" instead?

I have sold / paid way more for these missions than they seem to be worth if they are, indeed, single use items.

Alevia
01.06.2012 , 05:41 PM | #2
Anyone know?

jaldaen
01.06.2012 , 05:55 PM | #3
They are one time use (from my experience). However, they are worth it b/c they can give a lot of return for investment.

You just have to decide how much you'll pay for the missions. Some pay more others pay less.

DamionSchubert
01.06.2012 , 06:06 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by jaldaen View Post
They are one time use (from my experience). However, they are worth it b/c they can give a lot of return for investment.

You just have to decide how much you'll pay for the missions. Some pay more others pay less.
They are one-time use by design. We are looking at making this fact more apparent to users in the near future, but as others have noted, they are still rather potent and worth the investment.

pjskull
01.06.2012 , 06:28 PM | #5
They appear to be multiple use. Mine has stayed in the Tier 2 slot it was in since I first got it...

jaldaen
01.06.2012 , 07:06 PM | #6
Maybe some are permenant and others one use. Perhaps that is the difference between blue and purple missions? I'll have to pay more attention. I know the Test of Intelligence Slicing mission is one use.

Alevia
01.06.2012 , 07:48 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by pjskull View Post
They appear to be multiple use. Mine has stayed in the Tier 2 slot it was in since I first got it...
Really? Does it come back regularly? How often do you run it?

Grimslaide
01.06.2012 , 08:18 PM | #8
I have only seen each one one time personally.

Also, I sent Vette out to complete one, and she failed it. Can anyone tell me if that's just a blown mission now, or if that one will re-appear in the list?

Alevia
01.07.2012 , 11:03 AM | #9
It seems like the first time I ran one it failed, but it was still in my list to run again, but I'm not sure.

It's been gone since then, though.

RpTheHotrod
01.07.2012 , 11:09 AM | #10
Missions are one use only. However, after doing the mission, you can buy/find another of the same mission and do it again.

Example:

Let's say you buy 2 missions of the EXACT same thing. You right click it to unlock it. You cannot right click and unlock any further. You then do the mission. After the mission is over, the mission is locked again and you can use the 2nd mission item to unlock it again.

Imagine the items that give you access to the missions are keys to locks. The key breaks once you unlock the lock. Those locks will lock themselves again after you use a key.