Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan (novel) - sad & feeling slightly empty

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Revan (novel) - sad & feeling slightly empty

Reeny
01.11.2012 , 06:08 PM | #41
It was stupid killing Revan in the Foundry flashpoint...

Revan was such a core character and we just simply 4 -man him??

Sabster
01.11.2012 , 06:11 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Reeny View Post
Revan was such a core character and we just simply 4 -man him??
Spoiler

Cyraxe
01.11.2012 , 06:13 PM | #43
i'll admit, i was REALLY sad to see T3 blown apart like that by the Emperor. I wasn't really prepared for that! It was a really interesting surprise because I always loved T3 in KOTOR
In blackest day, in brightest night, beware your fears made into light, let those who try to stop what's right, fear my power, THE EMPIRES MIGHT!

StefanTOR
01.11.2012 , 06:17 PM | #44
Yeah the fate of T3 upsetted me more than that of Revan and Meetra.

RoadtoArkham
01.11.2012 , 08:32 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyriosgundam View Post
Heres a question just exactly how many of his books have you actually read? I mean yes Revan could have been better, however Drew's Darth Bane Trilogy is top notch and the 2 Mass Effect books he wrote were great as well.
I personally disagree. Not a fan.

I also feel like it was trying to wrap up our beloved characters far too fast, and for the sake of another story, another game, another saga. They swept the epic under the rug so The Old Republic could suck the life force of KOTOR.

Spoiler
Hail to the King, baby.

xShadowxs
01.11.2012 , 08:36 PM | #46
pretty sure they included some of that in this game

Argolisk
01.11.2012 , 09:46 PM | #47
At least all the Jedi Knights complaining they have to use T7 during the Emperor fight can take solace in the fact that Revan's droid companion got obliterated in that battle too.
"Your father was seduced by the PvP dominance of the Empire. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and rerolled as Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was deleted. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."

Terin
01.11.2012 , 11:03 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
The Book is borderline. Revan's involvement in ths MMO? is a travesty of era destroying Cluster-F's. unforgivable.

To mirror other posters here, The Characters we loved for so long deserved a far better send off.
Agreed. It's not about doing the Characters justice, it's about doing us *fans* justice! I agree, Revan's story needs to draw to a close, to make room for the characters of *this* timeline, but do so in a way that gives us some closure, some peace of mind.

For example, let us see Revan in his final moments, perhaps having escaped the Foundry with fatal wounds. Let us see him reunite with Satele, explaining who he is, inspiring her to new heights of loyalty to the Republic and the Jedi Order, and in the end, gets the "Happily Ever After" ending we always wanted, seeing Revan's spirit join Bastila's and the rest of his friends, including the Exile.

Revan has no place in The Old Republic, but at least let us have the Happy Ending we always wanted in the first game, BioWare. Just give us that!

Jadrian
01.12.2012 , 01:39 AM | #49
I still don't think Revan is dead. When you defeat him in the Foundry he still has a couple thousand health left before he disperses into bolts of energy in multiple directions. I think he will show up again...in fact I'm inclined to say that I'm almost certain he will...

Eillack
01.12.2012 , 11:21 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadrian View Post
I still don't think Revan is dead. When you defeat him in the Foundry he still has a couple thousand health left before he disperses into bolts of energy in multiple directions. I think he will show up again...in fact I'm inclined to say that I'm almost certain he will...
Say what...well there goes the surprise.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.