Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Colicoid War Games

rkopczak
01.07.2012 , 06:09 AM | #21
This is great and very interesting flashpoint (also funny, due to the comemtator's voice).
Yes, we had a wipefest at first go, but it gets easier and easier everytime you go there.
For Hope, for Freedom, For the Republic!

Flowergnome
01.07.2012 , 07:01 AM | #22
This, for once, is actually a Flashpoint with a bit of a twist and not the usual 'walk in, kill all, walk out' stuff. I happen to like it. You have to think, if only a bit, and I dearly wish BW would make more of these (and let go of age-old stuff like enrage timers).

Anyway, it's really easy if you do the 180 with the turrets. Everyone saddle up, turn 180 and blast the enemies opposite. Effect: enemies have a longer way to reach you and thus can be dispatched easier. We wiped a few times trying it the normal way. When we switched to the 180: did it on the first try, no healing required at all.

ChyRose
01.07.2012 , 09:02 AM | #23
Just ran this Flashpoint for the first time last night and it is my favorite one so far. As has been mentioned previously, just have your healer stay off the cannon for the first objectives and its cake.
╘╪══╕╒══╪╛
V E N G E A N C E
Empire

Jessie-Lacey
01.07.2012 , 09:37 AM | #24
How do you keep from falling off the turret. I went in there with a group and we kept falling off and then they would just come eat us cause we were constantly getting back onto the turret, I thought they patched this issue.

CHEMLCAL
01.07.2012 , 10:03 AM | #25
It's very easy. I'll admit I wiped twice the first run though, but now I run it in 20 mins tops. It's by far the easiest one yet imo.

The trick to beating the turrets without wiping with ease:

When you mount, the turrets rotate 360 degrees, so the person at the 6 o clock position does a 180 and aims at the person at the 12 oclock position, covering this person back. The person at the 12 oclock position does the same thing, covering the person at the 6 oclock position. This greatly increases the distance the mobs must travel to get in attack range of you. You still want to focus down the white/ranged ones first, then the melee. Beat both parts of the turret phase without taking ANY dammage at all. This tactic also needs to be done at the 3 oclock and 9 oclock positions as well obviously. Try it, its incredibly easy if you do it this way.

The second phase is also easy, all you do is run up and knock the guys off the side. You can't knock off the roaming one who casts the fire, but hes easy. If you know he is going to knock you off the side with his knockback, then mind your position. Have your back to a wall or to an area that you wont be knocked off. It's really simple, and is suprising to me how many people can't seem to figure this out.

You dont even need a tank for this FP. I think it's fun and it's a nice change from the normal FP's. It can be difficult to explain to someone who hasn't done it before, and expect to wipe on the turrets if you have people in your group who have not done it. After the initial practice run and wipe, they will get the hang of it and it should be a cakewalk after that. Stop complaining and use your heads!

Vinaya
01.07.2012 , 10:59 AM | #26
The turrets aren't 100% impossible to figure out, my point is that it isn't intuitive, it's poorly designed, and not fun. The number of turrets there are, and the number you're supposed to use should be the same. Pushing basically any button other than left/right shouldn't dismount you. The turrets should be positioned in such a way as to facilitate the right way of doing it, not make it more of a pain. You shouldn't lose all control over firing. I could go on for another couple minutes.

As I've said previously, the winning formula seems to be a small percentage of the group needs to use the vehicle (which has an interface designed to make it clear and easy to use) to accomplish a specific task, while the rest of the group can continue to do the jobs they're accustomed to. This eliminates the feeling of "I am being FORCED to do this thing I don't want to do", because somebody else could use the vehicle if you're just really not feeling it that day.
I just figure that every time someone dies and it's not me, my odds of survival go up. ~Jack

BMBender
01.07.2012 , 12:33 PM | #27
I too enjoyed this one several times both the turrent portion and the later portal puzzles, very fun. As far as the turrents go, yea an initial explanation would be helpfull to a group in which non have ever partcipated before. My prefered method and by no means the only one is to have
Spoiler
The only thing that should impact a players success/failure in pvpplayervsplayeris his/her skill not what they are wearing. Otherwise call it GvG gear vs gear, crunch the #'s in a calc, face-roll your keyboard, and go watch TV.polls by paulolesonhttp://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=164486pollhttp://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=164530

VigorousRaven
01.07.2012 , 01:40 PM | #28
I completed this Flashpoint today, it was my first time playing it. Wiped 5 times at the start but after we got the hang of it we breezed through the rest of the puzzles.
I think it is a pretty cool instance. I love the ending.
۝◚◚◚◚ịδ‾▩▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓i The Silver L-Saber in KOTOR II was beautiful!

Murah
01.09.2012 , 07:04 AM | #29
I'm grateful for this thread. I had NO idea how to operate the turret. Thanks for explaining I didn't have to push any buttons. I kept dismounting.
Reunion Guild

Shabe
01.09.2012 , 08:51 AM | #30
I enjoyed the flashpoint, but the turrets need a better firing mechanism because it doesn't seem possible atm with turrets facing outwards. We did it with heals.
The puzzles are enjoyable but maybe there should be something for the people trapped with the buttons to do instead of stand there like lemons.