Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vette Conversations [Spoilers, maybe?]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Vette Conversations [Spoilers, maybe?]

Sun-Runner
01.06.2012 , 08:05 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MaterTenebrarum View Post
Anyone know of a means to continue with her without removing the collar? No offense to anyone that likes her, but it seems ludicrous to me that the mouthy, immature space pirate wins a battle of wills with a Sith Warrior player, period.
The mouthy, immature space pirate wins a battle of wills with a Sith Warrior. Period.

You will take her collar off or you will not continue with her.

MaterTenebrarum
01.06.2012 , 08:08 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Sun-Runner View Post
The mouthy, immature space pirate wins a battle of wills with a Sith Warrior. Period.

You will take her collar off or you will not continue with her.
Mmm.

Here's hoping this is a bug due to be fixed, then, because otherwise I'm not touching her again except for skill use.

Sun-Runner
01.06.2012 , 08:30 PM | #13
Mmm.

Here's hoping this is a bug due to be fixed, then, because otherwise I'm not touching her again except for skill use.
Sounds like a plan to me. Try submitting it as a bug report via in-game ticket? The CSR response is unlikely to be useful, but who knows, it could be a bug rather than working as intended.

I expect that it is working as intended.

ToliverGrey
01.06.2012 , 09:00 PM | #14
Mmm.

Working as intended. She'll still act as your companion, she just won't talk to you.

xagg
01.07.2012 , 05:05 PM | #15
Ah, so the "I'm not talking to you anymore" Is final then.

That is absurd. No conversations about breaking her will, or her submitting like a good slave? It ruins the point of keeping the collar on her at all. Or at least create more conversations that let me shock her for disobedience instead of just repeating the same convo over an over.

No I feel like my charecter doesn't have a need for her. I can't set her free because... she's a slave. No.

And I have no reason to use her because she's a TERRIBLE disobedient slave.

Thanks bioware. You made a charecter that applies to ONE side. So much for choices. :/
I hate Revan. Yeah, I said it. He's a Jedi turned Dark Jedi, who turned Sith, then REDEEMED and fought off the real sith. For the love of the Dark Side, Revan sucks! He's not even TRUE sith and contributes NOTHING to the Dark Side. All hail Lord Bane, true Lord of the Dark Side, and most important Sith Lord of them all.

lokdron
01.07.2012 , 08:41 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by xagg View Post

That is absurd. No conversations about breaking her will, or her submitting like a good slave? It ruins the point of keeping the collar on her at all. Or at least create more conversations that let me shock her for disobedience instead of just repeating the same convo over an over.

No I feel like my charecter doesn't have a need for her. I can't set her free because... she's a slave. No.

Thanks bioware. You made a charecter that applies to ONE side. So much for choices. :/
Thats the only reason why I took it off as my sith warrior said as she was taking off the collar "you can't be broken can you?". I see no point keeping the collar on if she cannot break when i first found out that vette has a shock collar I was hoping we had the chance to break her and turn her into a vessel of rage and hate.

xagg
01.07.2012 , 09:27 PM | #17
Or at least a broken obedient shell of a person. But it wouldn't been nice to break her cheery personal attitude.

Tch. I was all excited too, it was the only reason I kept her as my campanion, I'd've used quinn by now if I'd known. At least he's easier to please and likes half the things I do.
I hate Revan. Yeah, I said it. He's a Jedi turned Dark Jedi, who turned Sith, then REDEEMED and fought off the real sith. For the love of the Dark Side, Revan sucks! He's not even TRUE sith and contributes NOTHING to the Dark Side. All hail Lord Bane, true Lord of the Dark Side, and most important Sith Lord of them all.

Naudr
01.07.2012 , 09:43 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by xagg View Post

Stopping there is the only way to get an resonable age rating, not to mention there is already outrage in the press because you are able to torture here an some other stuff...
Any resonable further development into that direction could get ea into trouble they don't want, meaning it could cost them a lot of subscriptions/money = not gonna happen.

OldVengeance
01.07.2012 , 10:12 PM | #19
So does that whole thing about that Overseer's prophecy about molding her to your will come into play at all? I figured the best way to do that was to eventually take the collar off get her to like me. I've only had 2 of the 4 conversations so far though. So that is dependent on approval? Are all companion conversations dependent on approval?

Xargyn
01.07.2012 , 11:13 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
So does that whole thing about that Overseer's prophecy about molding her to your will come into play at all?
Vette isn't the companion the Overseer was referring to.
Spoiler
CE VIP Remember when this was a big deal?