Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Overpowered Scoundrel at work (Video, 1080p)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Overpowered Scoundrel at work (Video, 1080p)

Kutsus
01.06.2012 , 04:25 PM | #1
Any geared DPS class can pop consumables and absolutely destroy people. Scoundrel/operative with its up front burst is one of the most affected since the initial numbers on shoot first/hidden strike are higher than most other abilities and thus buffs scale tremendously.

Consumables used:

-Adrenal- Bonus: 565 Power. 3min CD, 15s duration, shares cooldown with other adrenals only
-Trinkets- Bonus: 220crit/surge and 355 power. 2 min CD, 30s shared CD (can't hit both at once, but can rotate them), 20s duration.
-Expertise pot- Bonus: 15% expertise (additive with gear/powerup). 3 min CD, 25s duration. Shared CD with commendation heal consumable.
-Warzone red buffs- Bonus: 15% expertise (additive with gear/pot). Respawn every 2 minutes, easy to reach locations in all WZs.
-Rakata Medpac- 5000-6000heal +2000hot/15secs every 1min 30s, shares CD only with other medpacs.

Basically, without any powerup or consumable you can bet on me critting anywhere from 4.0-5k on squishy classes with shoot first, and around 2.5-3k on sucker punch and back blast.

I sometimes blow a combination of 15% expertise+redbuff (+30% total expertise, over 40% showing on char sheet), power adrenal and crit/surge relic together. This totals +30% damage, +565 power, +220 crit, +220 surge for a total of 15 seconds in which they all apply together before the adrenal drops. ~5-6k crits on spam attacks and ~7-10k crits on opener becomes possible on squishier players.

At other times, I rotate them and keep maximum uptime on at least 1 consumable at a time. This can easily result in ~4k crits on spam attacks and ~6.5k crits on openers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW2ZB55pF1E

Screenshot of a pug WZ while using the same consumables, 10k max hit... http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i...1-23-40-26.jpg

Quote: Originally Posted by Kutsus View Post
It appears consumable stacking even works for level 20 vanguards... who'd have known?

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i...6-25-59-17.jpg
Ok. Made another short clip. In this one, I am attacking 2 players that have over 500 expertise.

Powerr is a Shadow with roughly half battlmaster gear, half champion, and 16k hp. He's gotten lucky with bags and at the time of this video, is more geared than my scoundrel.

Magesblood is a Commando with full champion gear and 15k hp.

I am using crit/surge relic and power adrenal. The 30% damage bonus that can be achieved from expertise consumables is not even present here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHROpsxoWVE

Again, this is why I say to move some of the burst on the opener to other attacks (like sucker punch) and put a cooldown on shoot first so you can't double open on someone with vanish.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lina_Inverse View Post
More food for thought. Since the argument in this post is more that consumable stacking is OP, and given this shock/chain shock hit doesn't have a nice 4-5k dot of internal damage attached to the one gcd it took to cast it, and also given there's a little more setup but not too much on the shock, here's what another class can do with consumables.

http://imgur.com/Nk3A1

9532 damage with one button press.

Consumables are a problem. You can't really argue that. A shock that does half that much normally I consider to be a good shock.

That isn't to say that the scrapper/concealment possibilities aren't stronger (cause they are), or that they don't need to be looked at for balance tuning, because they do, but consumables are definitely a problem that needs to be dealt with separately and soon.

I want consumables to be nerfed. I want back blast/hidden strike damage reduced and lacerate/sucker punch increased to make up for it. I want there to be a 6-8s cooldown on shoot first/hidden strike so that you can't use vanish to use it twice in a row and kill a player in 1 GCD before they can react.

The best way that I see to get it fixed quickly is to make it as visible as possible. Cry more.

Skaarrj
01.06.2012 , 04:35 PM | #2
Yeah, this is stupid.

Phaentom
01.06.2012 , 04:39 PM | #3
Thanks for your videos and continued feedback, ive personally seen most builds of smuggler/agent in pvp and pve and they are seemingly balanced. I am in agreement that consumables almost across the board are OP on most if not all classes.

I have one question for you though, do you think the resolve system as is - is balanced?

Ive been told by many agents and smugglers that they cannot pull off several CCs on the same player, but I have on multiple occasions been CCd 3 times by the same agent/smuggler without my resolve bar maxing until after the 3rd CC (meaning id be immune to a 4th CC)

Aramyn
01.06.2012 , 04:42 PM | #4
Agreed, nerf the consumables. This is coming from a 400 Biochem that uses them as well. They provide too much of an edge.

Sure everyone can use them, but whats the point of other crew skills if everyone has to max Biochem to be able to compete?

Vortx
01.06.2012 , 04:43 PM | #5
Lol those people you're killing just sit there and die. 3v1 and they don't stun you? Ugh. This is just giving bad players more fuel to whine.

DGolubets
01.06.2012 , 04:43 PM | #6
Good work.
Stacking buffs that way = scaling burst to incredible amount = evil. BW should definetily look at it first.

raelimar
01.06.2012 , 04:43 PM | #7
Curious why you went with the Power adrenal instead of Surge?

BobaFurz
01.06.2012 , 04:45 PM | #8
They should learn to play the class without this amount of buffs, no wonder people come here and complain and the average player dont see such numbers...just wait and see how other classes will do with the same buffs, already sorcerer do 5k crits from range and 4k tickings with force field.....hope they fix pvp, dmg is way too high in general and is getting higher and higher with better gear, tricks n tipps with buff stucking or whatever bs.
STAR WARS
RETURN OF TEH HUTTBALL

Modecrypt
01.06.2012 , 04:45 PM | #9
@OP,

Wow, you hit like a mac truck!

Paganini
01.06.2012 , 04:47 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Vortx View Post
Lol those people you're killing just sit there and die. 3v1 and they don't stun you? Ugh. This is just giving bad players more fuel to whine.

What this guy said.

Don't get me wrong there's some impressive stuff here but Scrappers/Operatives seem to be 1 trick ponies where they just have a crapload of upfront burst dps but not much utility at all. Put them in a pug wz and they'll rack up the kills but put them in a 8v8 full of pvp gear'd 50s with tanks that guard+taunt, healers, and dps that snare/stun and they're pretty ineffective.