Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1-50 and I've done 1 (count em 1) Flashpoint

Zombull
01.06.2012 , 04:36 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Exactly View Post
Ill agree, i was in hoth a couple levels ago with 90 people there i could not find a group for the heroic missions. After about 1 hour of spamming general i found a healer and we 2 manned all of them (i am a tank, took forever but was easy).

I am enjoying the single player in this game more than the multiplayer aspect. I am a 7 year wow veteran and am giving this game a real shot (lvl 42 powertech so far) but it is hard to keep my interest right now. I will log on and just sit in the fleet messing around with the GTN (as much as i can with its inferior interface options) trying to motivate myself to go out and level.

This is only going to get worse as i want to roll alt characters, only way id be able to get through it is turning off the cutscenes.

I dunno, i really really really wanted to like this game but after my first act on my powertech everything went downhill. (This was at lvl 33 mind you).
I enjoy the heck out of the game and I don't mean to imply otherwise. The flashpoint I got to do (Hammer Station) was quite fun and I even enjoy the heroic missions when I can get a group. I didn't race to the end (in truth my main character is 49 at the moment but will hit 50 tonight) but I also didn't spread my play time over all my various alts. I sort of wanted to get one through his story then take my time with the others.

Maybe I'm just ahead of the leveling curve. It was a lot easier to get heroic groups before I got to Balmorra. But even if I did pull ahead of the curve a bit, the problem is only going to get better temporarily. Ultimately there won't be a curve at all. Most characters will be max levle and those who are not will be distributed through the lower levels. I fear finding heroic groups at that point will be eve harder than it is for me now.

thanealpha
01.06.2012 , 04:39 PM | #22
I did 2 from 1-50 and I'm in a guild with 40+ people.

I was REALLY turned off by them when I finished Talos V, ran around some did some quests, hit the limit on my quest log, deleted Jedi Rescue since it was just some grey quest...then tried to run Maelstorm and couldn't.

Poor design on that gating.

But yeah, now that I'm 50 I imagine I'll run some more...they're just not that compelling when trying to level up.

Zombull
01.06.2012 , 04:42 PM | #23
Why did this get moved to the flashpoints, ops and heroics forum? This is a thread about the lack of an effective LFG tool.

o.O

ticklefist
01.06.2012 , 05:31 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by JCinDE View Post
I believe the position I saw (it was second-hand via someone else's post here) was that BioWare considers LFG to be a social aspect that is diminished by an automated LFG system.
I'll be careful to consider their level of experience in this genre when telling them how wrong they are.

To the folks able to easily find groups, great. Telling us you have a different experience doesn't make us liars. Instead of responding to us as if we're wrong, as if we'd make this up, try doing something helpful instead. Telling us your server and faction would be nice. Perhaps we just picked a server that doesn't have a good pug community.

Mangaminx
01.06.2012 , 05:50 PM | #25
Levelled from 1-42 so far with barely any social points and two completed group flashpoints. It's way too much of an effort to sit in the fleet spamming LFG when I could be levelling.

I also havent done many heroics since Nar-Shadda (Empire), you say "LFG Heroic Quest" for about an hour and people rarely respond. Im dreading getting to 50 and HAVING to sit in fleet spamming to get gear. A LFG tool is needed, urgently.

Zombull
01.06.2012 , 08:49 PM | #26
There we go. Ding 50! Woo!

So yeah. I have a few more missions do to. Only half way through Voss. Then I'll go back and see if I can get groups for the heroics I had to skip and maybe try some hard mode flashpoints.

I'm sure I'll be real welcome in the hard modes having never done the normal modes for most of them.

kesayo
01.06.2012 , 08:53 PM | #27
Trust me, you're not really missing anything.
I've done several flashpoints with guildmates and they have all sucked. The XP and rewards are not worth the time investment. You're better off just questing. IMHO the only reason to do flashpoints is if you absolutely must do group content in order to enjoy yourself. Otherwise, it's just a waste of 2 or more hours.

Maxvla
01.07.2012 , 01:10 AM | #28
Only non 50 flashpoint I didn't do while leveling my character was Red Reaper. Groups were pretty easy to find, and I also did most of the heroics in every zone.

Not sure why you were having problems.