Posts mentioning this being deleted...

Draperx

Posts mentioning that

Up to 5 days being false advertising are being deleted.

any post that seems to mention that

1. Bioware knew 100% that not everyone would get 5 days EGA yet leaving up to 5 days on the advertisment are rapidly dissapearing.

Because if you know 100% that not everyone even has a chance to get 5 days it's not up to 5 days.

scared maybe ?

Posts mentioning that

1. Bioware knew 100% that not everyone would get 5 days EGA yet leaving up to 5 days on the advertisment are rapidly dissapearing.

Because if you know 100% that not everyone even has a chance to get 5 days it's not up to 5 days.

scared maybe ?

You don't understand what "up to five days" means. You have poor reading comprehension skills. That's the only problem here.

You're wrong. Just accept it.

You don't understand what "up to five days" means. You have poor reading comprehension skills. That's the only problem here.

You're wrong. Just accept it.

Actually sir, it is you that are mistaken.

If I run a lottery and say the grand prize is up to 1 million dollars, yet I never intended to give out more than $100, that is a lie.

Actually sir, it is you that are mistaken.

If I run a lottery and say the grand prize is up to 1 million dollars, yet I never intended to give out more than $100, that is a lie.

By pre-ordering, you're entitled to play UP TO five days early. That doesn't mean FIVE Days early. In means anywhere between one and five.

A chimp could follow this. Learn to read.

By pre-ordering, you're entitled to play UP TO five days early. That doesn't mean FIVE Days early. In means anywhere between one and five.

A chimp could follow this. Learn to read.

Protip: Telling people who haven't preordered in December they can get up to 5 days early if they preorder now is a lie.

Looks like you need to learn a thing or two as well.

You know...accusing a company of something they AREN'T DOING like false advertising...makes YOU liable for damages.

They're haven't falsely advertised anything. You keep repeating that, but it isn't true.

Up to five days = between 1 and 5.

Where are you getting lost?

It doesn't say you WILL get 5 days early access.

It says you MAY get up to 5 days early access.

You can read it however you want, but its there game, there marketing slogan, and they decide what it means. Not a bunch of people who thought it meant they were guaranteed early access.

Protip: Telling people who haven't preordered in December they can get up to 5 days early if they preorder now is a lie.

Looks like you need to learn a thing or two as well.

It's the 14th.

What was that about math again?

Look junior, you're wrong. Quit throwing your tantrum. You'll get what you agreed to. Next time, try reading the agreement, then complaining.

you understand that if they never intended at all to give someone something yet say they may give it to them is a lie

I might give you up to 5 dollars but I only have 3 dollars in my pocket and never intended to ever give you 5 dollars under any circumstance.

really I can't belive that people dont understand up to something includes a greater than 0% chance of the maximum value

If they were still selling pre-orders when the maximum early access people could get was 3 days, then the "up to 5 days" was a lie because it was impossible to get 5 days early access.

That, no matter how you look at it is misleading advertising.

And FYI here is the legal definition...

"To establish that an advertisement is false, a plaintiff must prove five things: (1) a false statement of fact has been made about the advertiser's own or another person's goods, services, or commercial activity; (2) the statement either deceives or has the potential to deceive a substantial portion of its targeted audience; (3) the deception is also likely to affect the purchasing decisions of its audience; (4) the advertising involves goods or services in interstate commerce; and (5) the deception has either resulted in or is likely to result in injury to the plaintiff. The most heavily weighed factor is the advertisement's potential to injure a customer. The injury is usually attributed to money the consumer lost through a purchase that would not have been made had the advertisement not been misleading. False statements can be defined in two ways: those that are false on their face and those that are implicitly false."

I would suggest that an advertisement for "up to 5 days early access" when it isn't possible to get more than 3 days would be considered false advertising under this definition.

Edited by Lasica

So by your reasoning the game comes out tomorrow? sweet. You are correct, they lied about 1 to 5 days because the game comes out tomorrow.

Oh wait...

The game DOESN'T come out tomorrow.

You are aware today is the 14th?

Add 1 day on.

15th.

1 to 5 days is still accurate.

you understand that if they never intended at all to give someone something yet say they may give it to them is a lie

I might give you up to 5 dollars but I only have 3 dollars in my pocket and never intended to ever give you 5 dollars under any circumstance.

really I can't belive that people dont understand up to something includes a greater than 0% chance of the maximum value

Yes, but now let's get back to THE REAL WORLD:

They told us we'd get in between the 15th and the 19th.

That's what we're getting.

What's your complaint again? That you're getting what you were promised?

If they were still selling pre-orders when the maximum early access people could get was 3 days, then the "up to 5 days" was a lie because it was impossible to get 5 days early access.

That, no matter how you look at it is misleading advertising.

I preordered on the 9th because I saw an ad that said PREORDER NOW AND GET EARLY ACCESS!

Posts mentioning that

scared maybe ?

It's not false advertising and the reason threads are being deleted on this subject is because there are so damned many!

What part of UP TO 5 days did you fail to understand?