Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A quick update on Ability Delay

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A quick update on Ability Delay
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Redoubti
01.06.2012 , 05:06 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Poogination View Post
So you click abilities?

Lol.
I only have the one hand.

Unravell
01.06.2012 , 05:14 PM | #52
Thank you Bioware and thank you Xcore, now im itching to see what the changes bring. not cancelling sub

StephenReid
01.06.2012 , 05:21 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRavnos View Post
Or by delay you mean in general. Like the FPS performance issues people are having?
This is more specifically related to the issues being discussed in this thread.

FPS / framerate performance issues are also being looked at. Like the 'Ability Delay' issue, framerate issues are not something that can be solved in a quick and easy way with a single fix. Investigation into the various causes of framerate issues takes time, and solutions may not immediately work for all. Work continues to optimize and improve the game.

Awarain
01.06.2012 , 05:28 PM | #54
Alright! Finally some feedback from bioware. Keep the info coming, and you guys might find us gamers being a little more cheerful.

OsarionRDM
01.06.2012 , 05:35 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by daemian View Post
I wasn't even sure how much of an actual issue this was but I'm glad it's getting a response.
Yeah same here. I just do not see an animation delay, but glad whatever problem there may be is getting fixed.

ZephyJackal
01.06.2012 , 05:35 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Poogination View Post
So you click abilities

Lol.
Some of us just aren't wired for hotkeying.

I lose my place on the keyboard when I try. <

BrambLed
01.06.2012 , 05:38 PM | #57
I like how some people in this thread are saying "**** the haters" when the haters are the only ones who state that combat responsiveness in this game is horrible.

The white knights pretend like nothing at all is wrong.

DarthRavnos
01.06.2012 , 05:41 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post

FPS / framerate performance issues are also being looked at. Like the 'Ability Delay' issue, framerate issues are not something that can be solved in a quick and easy way with a single fix. Investigation into the various causes of framerate issues takes time, and solutions may not immediately work for all. Work continues to optimize and improve the game.
Look at it from my perspective though. I truly want to subscribe to the 6 month subscription. Which I have (so far). But, if I am being told my FPS issue could take an extended amount of time research to address, why keep my subscription which takes affect January 19th, 2012?

I can only get 5 to 10 FPS (lowest possible settings configured in-game) even on my space ship with my laptop. But, my machine is:
  • AMD Phenom(tm) II P960 Quad-Core Processor 1.8 GHz
  • Crucial RealSSD 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
  • ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series
  • 8GB (2 x 4GB) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)

DXDIAG
Spoiler

This is not a weak machine. Do you agree that this computer should be able to run this game smoothly? Because it currently does not. And I trusted your minimum specifications that were posted.
"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning."
~Bill Gates
"...itís important to remember your competitor is only one mouse click away."
~Doug Warner

hoilandms
01.06.2012 , 05:42 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post

Yup.

I just pree'd.

Knyghtprowler
01.06.2012 , 05:46 PM | #60
Pssst - it was the haters screaming about this along with the "lovers"? on the forum FYI.
MMO Fan:50% StarWars Fan:0% RPG Fan:0% Mods Fan:25% Macro Fan:25%