Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

High resolution textures: can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
High resolution textures: can we get a clarification on this?

Harower
01.07.2012 , 07:49 PM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by Venares View Post
This is an MMO in its FIRST month of launch.
By god if there is no one around on a weekend then im very very afraid for this game.
Of course there are people around, but the appropriate chain of PR command that has to bounce statements back between tech, development and the upper management? Maybe not. They have to be careful what they say as people like you and me will cluster-**** there dirty mouths if they commit to something they can't keep.
Best swtor picture EVER!!!
http://imgur.com/zgTKy
Mass effect 3 summed up in a single picture
http://i.imgur.com/xDaDH.jpg

Phoenixblight
01.07.2012 , 07:52 PM | #522
Quote: Originally Posted by Venares View Post
This is an MMO in its FIRST month of launch.
By god if there is no one around on a weekend then im very very afraid for this game.
GOd forbid, that they have been working on this game for 5+ years and can't have a break. Sorry that they're are not droids and that they have lives and families to attend to. The game runs fine without High res its not a game breaking issue to grab everyone to work on to fix or to worry about what the forum is saying about High res textures.

MaxWham
01.07.2012 , 07:55 PM | #523
They must reply and quickly! Cos' otherwise they show their complete ignorence to their comunity and even more important to ppl who pay em!

MaxWham
01.07.2012 , 07:58 PM | #524
Quote: Originally Posted by Phoenixblight View Post
GOd forbid, that they have been working on this game for 5+ years and can't have a break. Sorry that they're are not droids and that they have lives and families to attend to. The game runs fine without High res its not a game breaking issue to grab everyone to work on to fix or to worry about what the forum is saying about High res textures.
A good worker will do his job in 5 years, and then will relax and profit. The bad one will have a lot to answer and responsible for... Even after 1000+ years

Angelshooter
01.07.2012 , 08:00 PM | #525
Quote: Originally Posted by Phoenixblight View Post
We're not saying "fix it naowwww!!!" we just want an official response. Is that too much to ask?

Phoenixblight
01.07.2012 , 08:05 PM | #526
Quote: Originally Posted by MaxWham View Post
A good worker will do his job in 5 years, and then will relax and profit. The bad one will have a lot to answer and responsible for... Even after 1000+ years
MMO is a progressive thing no game is perfect at launch and especially so with MMOs. Bioware doesn't have to comment on anything and most MMO developers don't. The game is stable, its not broken. High Res can be commented on a Monday not at night on a Saturday.
I am salaried(which most of the developers are in Bioware) and I would be damned to come in on a Saturday. I get the same pay for working 5 days, 40 hours a week and if I come in on a Saturday I still get the same pay. Why the hell would I come in on Saturday unless it is an emergency? Thats right I wouldn't.

This is not an emergency, the game still runs and nothing is going on over the weekend other than keeping the servers running. Wait until a weekday to see if they will comment on it, then continue your protest.

Quote: Originally Posted by Angelshooter View Post
We're not saying "fix it naowwww!!!" we just want an official response. Is that too much to ask?
Bioware has said that they only go on forums on their down time and they choose to do so. No one forces them to do it. Devs don't really comment on these forums, Stephen Reid does which if he doesn't have the answers he can't comment.

Harower
01.07.2012 , 08:08 PM | #527
What actually happened.

http://youtu.be/KiqkclCJsZs
Best swtor picture EVER!!!
http://imgur.com/zgTKy
Mass effect 3 summed up in a single picture
http://i.imgur.com/xDaDH.jpg

MaxWham
01.07.2012 , 08:09 PM | #528
You know, after all there is a very bad feeling about all of this=(... Cos' Bioware is one of the greatest RPG makers out here! I've been with them since Baldurs Gate, enjoying each and every of their games... But with years the quality of their products begun to deteriorate and thats really sad... And now we must rattle here constanly without any answer... Like wise ones say with great power(money) comes great responsibility. So I hope, God will grant Bioware with this precious thing!

Archetypee
01.07.2012 , 08:12 PM | #529
This was my biggest surprise after buying the game. Releasing a game without an entire texture pack is crazy. I guess it is a good thing it is high, as everyone can downgrade, but not everyone can upgrade.
-Archetype, 41 Assassin

vizionblind
01.07.2012 , 08:12 PM | #530
wonder why no response