Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

High resolution textures: can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
High resolution textures: can we get a clarification on this?

Nimiuel
01.07.2012 , 12:20 AM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by CygnusMX View Post
I see No AA added, Is it an upcoming patch, just checked graphics preferances and i see no AA option.
Read the patch notes.

MaxWham
01.07.2012 , 12:23 AM | #162

maxbaby
01.07.2012 , 12:29 AM | #163
When I select high or medium textures, they become blurred. Never happened before 1.0.2
Playing on low. Looks decent but on par

GTownsend
01.07.2012 , 12:49 AM | #164
Bumping this with hopes of getting an official reply to the original question and an explanation of the removal of the medium setting on the PTR.

Culveren
01.07.2012 , 01:01 AM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by GTownsend View Post
Bumping this with hopes of getting an official reply to the original question and an explanation of the removal of the medium setting on the PTR.
Ill bump it as well. Im headed back up north (to school) so i will reconnect with my desktop (much faster than my laptop) and i would like to play it in its full glory. Please Bioware just let us know whats happening!

CygnusMX
01.07.2012 , 01:02 AM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by Nimiuel View Post
Read the patch notes.
ok thanks, cant wait for AA

TitanJJ
01.07.2012 , 01:04 AM | #167
TextureQuality = 0

add it to your ini file

???

profit
THAT'S NO MOON

Aisar
01.07.2012 , 01:42 AM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by Bob-ombaFett View Post
That's straight from the offical website.

Looks like BioWare got some 'splainin' to do...
Those 2 pictures look pretty good. which is the low one?

edit: that second set of pictures posted by someone else has a huge difference though. i want to see the game like that!
28 Iksar Shadowknight-Freeport Server
"No killing white poobears to make band-aids out of poobear tails."-CygnusMX
http://www.wolfsheadonline.com/swtor...nowhere/#b5414

eskachig
01.07.2012 , 02:01 AM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by TitanJJ View Post
TextureQuality = 0

add it to your ini file

???

profit
Does this actually work?
Edit: that setting in my ini file is already 0

Man, I have to say, if BW's "fix" for this issue is to just turn Medium into High and just forget about it, well I don't know. This is something that bugs me a lot - especially every time I turn around and see my gf play WoW. Seriously disappointed.

Awarain
01.07.2012 , 02:10 AM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by Adelbert View Post
The truth is, at THIS moment, WoW's textures are better than SWTOR's. And that's a fact.
Much as i came to hate that game with wrath came out... that is in fact a very true statement. I've said the same thing many of times to friends as well. It's very sad that World of Warcraft beats this game up texture wise. Blizzard works to improve their engine and gfx qul with every expansion release. So far bioware has worked to undo their gfx qul with every beta release and launch. Take a look at the game textures and shadows way back when, like a year or two ago, look at the gfx qul, yeah. I'm not just talking about the char armor textures either... I know a lot of you just focus on that but I'm upset with the world gfx as well. Some of them are fairly nice and a lot of the textures looks like old playstation 1 games. What a joke and the joke is on us for paying them for it! I'm not a me me me person at all but when you release a game you better have did your homework and did your very best to ensure the game is awesome. Not just awesome in story and voice acting, but awesome in every aspect it can be. Folks have a right to say its 2012 and that games are to live up with modern tech. It's 2012 and we're playing a game that should've came out in 2005 at most. I played games back in 2000 that had textues that were sharper and more detailed. Forget your voice acting bioware... you're not going to fool me with your garbage. If your DEVs or power-to-be can't back up the talk with the walk than its time to stop making games.