Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SA : Synthweaving or Cybertech?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor
SA : Synthweaving or Cybertech?

StrifedRevan
12.14.2011 , 02:33 AM | #1
Which are the better crew skills for us Sith Assassins?

as for me, I hope to be able to customize my gear as I progress through my character's story, I've reached lvl 24 in the beta and wasn't really satisfied of the variety of gear I was getting, which crew skill would be better off for me, or better overall for all assassins? thanks

Lokai
12.14.2011 , 03:15 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by StrifedRevan View Post
Which are the better crew skills for us Sith Assassins?

as for me, I hope to be able to customize my gear as I progress through my character's story, I've reached lvl 24 in the beta and wasn't really satisfied of the variety of gear I was getting, which crew skill would be better off for me, or better overall for all assassins? thanks
from what i can tell having done a bit of both... Cybertech is more practical since making mods, can upgrade your armor BUT have to find that armor to upgrade it. Syntheweave makes lots of armor but, from 1-50 or so absolutely no modable armor pieces... some nice blue and greens and nice to give khem some heavy armor as you level BUT for most part i felt like Syntheweave was lacking over all... maybe makes best stuff end game and probably gets some nice modable gear later on, BUT once you have that gear will probably become far less usefull and i doubt will make much in way of credits.

my opinion anyway.
" Destiny is like a river...washes us along its ever winding path, the jedi follow its path drawn along it like lambs to the slaughter... but We Sith fight the flow of destiny, turn its course to our whim! Through this will we be the true victors of this war!" -Lokai-

MareLooke
12.14.2011 , 03:24 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Lokai View Post
from what i can tell having done a bit of both... Cybertech is more practical since making mods, can upgrade your armor BUT have to find that armor to upgrade it. Syntheweave makes lots of armor but, from 1-50 or so absolutely no modable armor pieces...
Most of the moddable items are from schematics you either get as random drops or randomly get from Underworld Trading missions.

Personally I'm going synthweaving if only to be able to make appearance gear, the mods I can get from dungeon drops.

MatticusUK
12.14.2011 , 03:57 AM | #4
I have 2 modable recipes from Underworld Trading which are used in Synthweaving so there is definately modable armor to craft even at low skill levels.

StrifedRevan
12.14.2011 , 04:11 AM | #5
hmm I may go synthweaving since I'm for appearance as well

can we make orange tagged gear from synthweaving? (the gear that you can use as long as you like and has full open mod slots)

edit : ah sweet

synthweaving it is