Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do you activate hard/nightmare modes?

Tuscad
01.06.2012 , 02:09 PM | #1
How do you activate hard/nightmare mode for flashpoints? I can't figure it out and no one on my server is replying. I am very annoyed and would appreciate any help.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

engrey
01.06.2012 , 02:12 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
How do you activate hard/nightmare mode for flashpoints? I can't figure it out and no one on my server is replying. I am very annoyed and would appreciate any help.
Talk to the droid/npc next to the instance, and select "start this in hard mode". For some of the flashpoints you need to clear it in normal to be able to select hard.
GM of<Proxy Jawas>A raiding progression guild

Tuscad
01.06.2012 , 02:15 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by engrey View Post
Talk to the droid/npc next to the instance, and select "start this in hard mode". For some of the flashpoints you need to clear it in normal to be able to select hard.
Thank you. I have heard that to get a purple color crystal you need to reverse engineer tier 2 tioneese gear which can be bought with commendations from hardcore/nightmare mode. Figured I would tell you this since you helped me.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Sykomyke
01.06.2012 , 02:18 PM | #4
^ Incorrect. Dev Tracker is your friend.

Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
The Magenta Crystal does in fact exist, but it is not acquired through Reverse Engineering. At the present time, it could be classified as one of the rarest items in the game.

While I am not going to give any more information on how, where or from whom it may be acquired, I want to debunk the idea that you have to reverse engineer endgame gear to get it so people don't do stuff they regret.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
Sith Empire

Tuscad
01.06.2012 , 05:42 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sykomyke View Post
^ Incorrect. Dev Tracker is your friend.
Magenta isn't purple. That is just about Magenta. Regardless its just a rumor I have heard and it wasn't a way to get a crafting recipe but rather the color stone.

Iwipe
01.06.2012 , 05:55 PM | #6
Beware that some flashpoints requires you to have done the normal one first before you can start the hardmode (i.e. boarding party/foundry)