Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Computer. Product Code Transfer?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
New Computer. Product Code Transfer?

Nhobah
01.06.2012 , 12:39 PM | #1
Sent an email to customer support, but I thought others might also know the answer to my question...

I recently purchased a new computer (should be here today). Is there a procedure for transferring the game's Product Code over to the new computer from my old one so I'm not stuck buying a new copy?

Thanks

Thonos
01.06.2012 , 12:40 PM | #2
The product code is linked to your account not your computer, simply install the game from the discs or download it and log in with your normal info.

Dasffion
01.06.2012 , 12:40 PM | #3
Product registration is a one time thing and is stored and handled by their servers rather than locally. Just install the game on your new machine and log in and you'll be good to go.

DarthSimus
01.06.2012 , 12:40 PM | #4
You don't need a new product code (as it's tied to your account, not your computer), just download the client and log in using your normal details.

Packetdancer
01.06.2012 , 12:41 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Nhobah View Post
I recently purchased a new computer (should be here today). Is there a procedure for transferring the game's Product Code over to the new computer from my old one so I'm not stuck buying a new copy?
The product code is tied to your account, not any given installation, so you're fine.

When the new computer arrives, just download the SWTOR_setup.exe program and run that once (to set up the SWTOR directory), then instead of running the launcher, copy the SWTOR directory from your old machine to the new one. Saves on installation time, patch time and everything else.

Hope that helps!
Pahke Stardancer (Jedi Sentinel, Save Taris) / Random CS Forum Participant
Writer, photographer, software engineer, GAMER.

docTOR: SWTOR Launcher Troubleshooting Guide

Exactly
01.06.2012 , 12:41 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Nhobah View Post
Sent an email to customer support, but I thought others might also know the answer to my question...

Thanks
The code is not tied to your old computer, all you are going to have to do is redownload (or reinstall from disks) the game again.

Nhobah
01.06.2012 , 12:42 PM | #7
Thanks for the quick replies! Good information. Thank you!