Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How much does a light sith accept the jedi?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
How much does a light sith accept the jedi?

Dionlight
01.06.2012 , 11:17 PM | #21
What the posters above me said.

After discussing it with a friend I have come to understand that the Sith Code is not evil. It utilizes emotion to achieve strength and become even stronger. The only problem comes in the inability to restrain oneself from continuing to use these emotions when you don't need them.

I've noticed through my class story lines the the ones who say "I hate/ disdain/ despise said person" clearly cannot control their emotions. Light-Side Sith just don't want to cause unnecessary violence or bloodshed; but if they have to they will.

The Jedi code to me seems far more corruptible than the Sith code. Being passionless means you don't feel anything and not feeling the pain and sorrow of those that need your help just makes you look like an ***. Taking kids from their parents that they'll never see again, forbidding relationships and forcing people to do odd jobs because they were frustrated? Sounds like "purge weakness" to me. At least the Sith are honest about it.

Also facing a Dark-Sided Jedi would seem like a very scary thought. Someone without compassion or a need for negotiations and would rather stab you than cooperate is with-out a doubt ungodly creepy.

Though a LSS and a DSJ fighting each other would be awesome to watch.

Weezyfb
01.06.2012 , 11:26 PM | #22
light side is not always good. For example as a sith there is an option to spare an npc, when you return to the quest giver they asked me why, i told them the npc has vast information and will be more useful alive.... through torture... so yeah light side options are not always good, killing them could be the merciful thing if you can anticipate the fate that awaits them

Stingray
01.10.2012 , 10:25 AM | #23
This is my theory about Light / dark aligment for each faction:

Both Light-sided Sith and Dark-sided Jedi are the "Renegades" within their respective faction.

Neutral sith and jedi are the "common denominator"

Both Dark-sided Sith and Light-sided Jedi are the "Paragons" within their respective faction.

Hope this helps!

Deshiel
01.10.2012 , 11:38 AM | #24
We didn't even discuss that.

StealthLightning
01.10.2012 , 12:42 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedlosson View Post
I play light side Sith Warrior lvl 50.

I follow the teachings of Sith Lord Kel'eth Ur:
"Fear is a lie, passion a lie. Fear gives temporary power and passion is easily manipulated. Real strength in the Force comes when one is no longer afraid. One can purge fear when one stops grasping - after power, after things, after life itself - and allows the Force to guide him. There is only the Force."

When I meet a Jedi, I respect him and try to avoid the fight if possible. If we share the same goal, I welcome the possiblity of cooperation. After the cooperation ends, we part ways peacefully.

Same goes for Republic troops. There is a peace treaty currently in place after all. Some Sith want war with the Republic, I am not one of them. I see the war as an unnecessary risk. In my eyes, neither side is prepared for it.
Spoiler

Tullianus
01.10.2012 , 04:06 PM | #26
As my Inquistor once said, Sith are the ultimate individuals, and there are as many interpretations of the Sith code as there are Sith.

So to answer the original question, it depends entirely on the individual light aligned sith whether they accept the jedi or not

Darthmoriquendi
01.11.2012 , 03:33 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by AWDBAHL View Post
A light side Sith is steadfastly loyal to the Sith Empire. He believes in order, maintains an open mind, and may even show some measure of mercy and honor. He does this because he believes that these traits best advance the Empire. He is not an insane killer like dark side Sith are. He does not carry that self destructive streak that see the end of so many of his brethren. But make no mistake, he is an enemy of the Republic and believes firmly in the dominion of the Emperor. He will do whatever he has to do to triumph.

A dark side Jedi will do anything to prevail. He sees the Sith Empire as a force of evil and believes that the ideals of the Republic will be its undoing. He is more than willing to out-horrify his enemies by becoming even more brutal and ruthless than they are. He believes that only by beating the Sith with their own methods will they ever be truly defeated and so he walks a much darker path than most of his brethren.
Totally agree here. I play a light side Sith and love it. Seems like there is more common sense and order than just going on a blood raving rampage. Sometimes not killing everything has a much better outcome and benefits you or the Empire in the long run. Kind of reminds me of Revan or the Exile depending on which side you played their character in kotor and kotor II.

bliapis
01.11.2012 , 04:46 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ClayPeopleCry View Post
At some point in the game you meet a hologram of an ancient light side Sith now long dead. He was still for the empire but thought the teachings of the Sith were wrong. You can choose to bring his teachings back to the Sith in hopes of changing them to take on a more light side path or destroy the hologram because you see it as blasphemy.
That was Raven's if im not mistaken.
i5 2500k OC @ 4Ghz | Thermaltek Hyper TX3 air cooler | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | Asus GTX580 CU | Asus Maximus IV GenZ/Gen3 | Thermatek 750W PSU -==- Server: Fredon Nad (EU)// Characters: [B]Vanguard L50: Clipjunkie// [B]Sentinel L50: Seithan// Juggernaur L50: Shaithis // Sorcerer L42: Rasthavas

bliapis
01.11.2012 , 04:50 AM | #29
The thing is with Power comes corruption. Its undenying.

Looking inwards (or alike, outwards) to the world, the power that fuels everything also diminish everything.

Its purelly metaphysical theme but affects reallity and flesh and stone alike.

A powerful being, a Force user who can bend reallity and physical and psychic laws on his will needs act under the Jedi (monkish) philosophy to keep away from destruction.

To harness the power and not destroy you must bow your head to it and keep away from any and all muntain - human emotions.
i5 2500k OC @ 4Ghz | Thermaltek Hyper TX3 air cooler | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | Asus GTX580 CU | Asus Maximus IV GenZ/Gen3 | Thermatek 750W PSU -==- Server: Fredon Nad (EU)// Characters: [B]Vanguard L50: Clipjunkie// [B]Sentinel L50: Seithan// Juggernaur L50: Shaithis // Sorcerer L42: Rasthavas

Hydranova
01.11.2012 , 05:58 AM | #30
My Sith sees the Jedi as pansies, yet is light sides due to efficiency. IE, bribing a certain someone on Quesh instead of fighting them resulted in a LS gain, because he didn't want to waste time.
Char name: Karratan
Class: sith Sorceror
Race: Human (male)
Guild: The Black Mantle