Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How much does a light sith accept the jedi?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
How much does a light sith accept the jedi?

Veala
01.06.2012 , 12:13 PM | #11
As far as I'm concerned there's no such thing as a light sith or a dark jedi. A dark Jedi is a Jedi who is on the path to the Dark Side (Anakin racking up dark side points in the prequels). A light Sith is a more cerebral Sith, you'd be hard pressed to call the majority of the light side Sith actions "good". They would rather let you live and use you later than Force Choke you and replace you. A light Sith would still look on the Jedi with disdain, their teachings are pretty flatly opposed to Sith doctrine. If a Sith rejects Sith doctrine, he's not a Sith anymore, he's arguably on the path to redemption.

Deshiel
01.06.2012 , 12:19 PM | #12
I believe that the sith would accept the jedi much more if they didn't follow thier ICH BIN EMOTIONLESS ROBOT TOOL" ideology

the sith live in fear of being betrayed and controled.

and here comes the jedi, the manifestation of what they fear and hate.

Jedlosson
01.06.2012 , 12:20 PM | #13
I play light side Sith Warrior lvl 50.

I follow the teachings of Sith Lord Kel'eth Ur:
"Fear is a lie, passion a lie. Fear gives temporary power and passion is easily manipulated. Real strength in the Force comes when one is no longer afraid. One can purge fear when one stops grasping - after power, after things, after life itself - and allows the Force to guide him. There is only the Force."

When I meet a Jedi, I respect him and try to avoid the fight if possible. If we share the same goal, I welcome the possiblity of cooperation. After the cooperation ends, we part ways peacefully.

Same goes for Republic troops. There is a peace treaty currently in place after all. Some Sith want war with the Republic, I am not one of them. I see the war as an unnecessary risk. In my eyes, neither side is prepared for it.

Deshiel
01.06.2012 , 12:25 PM | #14
Yeah but that's the Ligh side Warrior/Inquisitor character aproach.

RiledRodian
01.06.2012 , 12:25 PM | #15
Sith and Jedi are organizations of force users, they are not alignments.
Buy the Coruscant Condo of your dreams!
Adjustable APR loans now available to almost anyone!
-~~- CZERKA SACHS-~~-
The Banking Clan You Trust

JawaJedi
01.06.2012 , 12:52 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Sasao View Post
Light Sith and evil Jedi don't make sense to me. Light Sith = liable to wind up dead by friendly 'accident' back at Korriban itself. Dark Jedi.. would never have been trained, they scorned 2 people for being in love and refused to train 1 guy simply because he got someone else to lift a boulder for him.

Now beyond that I can't fathom how either actually survived there training phases.
Darkside Jedi is a falling story and Lightside Sith is a redepmtion...lightside doesn't start sunshine for sith and Jedi don't start KILLZ ZEE BABIES
For instance, I recent got lightside point as my SI for putting down a rebellion efficiently, as opposed to torturing them to death. Didn't think twice about killing them, but I didn't pick the "that' disgusting" option (a.k.a. darkside).
Quote: Originally Posted by Saevio View Post
I haven't understood anything anyone has said in this thread so far. That's common on these forums though.

Deshiel
01.06.2012 , 01:12 PM | #17
I don't believe that every light sith is seeking redemption.

Only a sith who was talked into redemption by a jedi might see it that way. Because they would make them feel responsible for bad things that they didn't care about in the past.

the sith warrior/ inqusitor story shows them being mercifull from the beginning, in the manner that they were always like that. Not afraid to hide or question thier own nature and feelings.

KahnyaGnorc
01.06.2012 , 03:05 PM | #18
Spoiler

usmarshal
01.06.2012 , 03:50 PM | #19
Personally I see the Jedi philosophy as foolish, for example the Jedi's attempts to be pure Light and to shield themselves from anything that could lead to the Dark Side, such as recruiting infants, forbidding contact with families, marriages, children, and other attachments, and otherwise avoiding any possible competing loyalty leads them to become isolated from and clueless about the people they were supposed to protect. Plus Jedi's attempts to purge oneself of emotion sometimes leads to disturbing cold acts such as leaving the Outer Rim to be slaughtered by Mandalorians. My RP Light Sith believes that it is much better to enjoy life and use emotion, yet still have the willpower to use the negative emotions Sith use to gain power without becoming evil. Also as a note the Dark Side philosophy is not inherently evil it only makes one use emotion to gain power. So I consider my Light Side Sith a user of both sides of The Force.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.-Winston Churchill

AWDBAHL
01.06.2012 , 03:56 PM | #20
A light side Sith is steadfastly loyal to the Sith Empire. He believes in order, maintains an open mind, and may even show some measure of mercy and honor. He does this because he believes that these traits best advance the Empire. He is not an insane killer like dark side Sith are. He does not carry that self destructive streak that see the end of so many of his brethren. But make no mistake, he is an enemy of the Republic and believes firmly in the dominion of the Emperor. He will do whatever he has to do to triumph.

A dark side Jedi will do anything to prevail. He sees the Sith Empire as a force of evil and believes that the ideals of the Republic will be its undoing. He is more than willing to out-horrify his enemies by becoming even more brutal and ruthless than they are. He believes that only by beating the Sith with their own methods will they ever be truly defeated and so he walks a much darker path than most of his brethren.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory AAAAAAUGH!!!