Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A New Order - Admiral Shai - Ilum

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
A New Order - Admiral Shai - Ilum

EverWonder
05.06.2012 , 03:46 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by EverWonder View Post
This quest is STILL bugged after 2 months.... way to fail bioware.... way to fail...
And now that I'm not completely and utterly angry at how fail this quest is... let me actually be constructive. Here is what it is doing:
1) Mobs - these seem to be spawning at the correct intervals. BUT... They may be invisible and untargetable (happened to 4 mobs out of probably 10 or 12 throughout me trying to figure this out).
2) The boss. You seemed to have fixed some of the problems that others have mentioned (being overtuned for the single player). With that said. When he does kick your *****, it takes far too long for him to respawn (in the range of 2 to 4 minutes). This seems to be the case even when you beat him (which I have done just prior to writing this post, still waiting for him to spawn so I may talk to him).

Thanks

Mulgero
05.07.2012 , 05:08 AM | #12
He gives you stacking debuff and enough of those you will receive 0 healing from any source including medpacks. Take tank or dps companion and dps like madman until it goes down or make yourself favour and get friend to help you.

ZeitgeistGlee
05.07.2012 , 06:40 AM | #13
As others have said you need to LOS him so you can let the debuffs wear off, otherwise he's just going to kill you over and over again.

Thanriyon
05.07.2012 , 08:11 AM | #14
I completed this around 7 days ago.
First I tried the LOS, and failed dismally

Then after reading some threads I retried as follows - Use Mako, just stand next to her. Clear the adds, he'll reappear right where she's standing - he then starts to cast his debuff, interrupt him (Rocket punch, etc), then DPS until he disappears.
Worked a treat

Kaldek
05.13.2012 , 04:39 AM | #15
I went in as Mercenary Bounty Hunter. As per some previous posts, I just put Mako's electrostasis on manual. I used this for the first interrupt, electro-dart for the second interrupt and then electrostasis for the last one. Three is all it took with Columi gear fitted to take him down.

Jrea
08.12.2012 , 05:36 PM | #16
1. Twenty minutes of fighting through "ANOTHER tunnel/ hallway, then another twenty minutes of running back through the same tunnel/hallway filled with EVERYTHING you just fought.

2. A very difficulty pre-boss fight that uses up all your "10 second", "30 second", 2 "Minute,", and "10 Minute" med droid wait times.

3. A boss, that can disappear and reappear in the middle of a fight then disappears one last at 5% health RESEATING THE ENTIRE INSTANCE.

Just a note to the programmers, gamers DO like challenges.

They just don't like long....... Long..........LONG periods of repetitiveness, and in game bugs that make it through EIGHT MONTHS of live servers of and FOUR MAJOR PATCHES!

FYI , Please enough with the tunnels of re-spawns, Bioware did that to death.

Cyankee
09.01.2012 , 07:06 PM | #17
Actually, I had a tough time until I figured out how to beat him.

Someone already said it, the key is to interrupt his Deadly Shot. Unlike other people that ran around and trying to keep out of his sight so to speak, I stood my ground. Moving only to attack the pops that came when he disappeared. But I always tried to keep him focused on me and kept Quinn out of his line of sight.

As soon as he appeared, I hit him with my interrupt. I never dropped below 80% Health.

Then, at the end, I arrested him. I did not want to fight him again...

imperialmerc
09.03.2012 , 02:16 PM | #18
I've killed him twice. Both times I had a friend help me.
Lagro level 60 Mercenary Sezzid level 60 Vanguard
Cezzid level 55 Operative Tuckeer level 55 Gunslinger
Snefru level 55 Sith Juggernaut Kam'ina level 60 Jedi Sentinel
Liadra level 56 Sith Assassin You're going down

pan_sObak
11.06.2012 , 11:09 PM | #19
Tried 4 or 5 times with Mako - no success, even trying to interupt Deadly Shots.
Easily did it first try with Bliz (put on him my Recruit Set) , focus on admiral, adds killing while admiral is cloaking away. Finally Bliz was put down, but i've already shot admiral to nothing...
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 60, Jugg 60, Sorc 60, Sin 60, Op 60, Sage 60, Comm 60, Guns 55, Vang 60, Sent 60

Craft: Bio 500, Cyber 500, Art 500, Arm 500, Armor 500, Syth 500

ArtheReibri
03.25.2013 , 07:43 PM | #20
The interupts worked. Between Mako's and mine, we took him down. Thanks!