Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why The Stat Imbalance Bioware???


Berezo's Avatar


Berezo
01.06.2012 , 10:21 AM | #1
Just curious as to why the Jedi sentinel is getting shafted when it comes to raiding gear. The columi set for the sentinel should be, as you should know, geared more so towards DPS since that is all that they can do. Instead, you give us stats that cater almost just as equally to endurance. The current sentinel set including all the pieces (implants, earpiece, etc.) yields 882 Strength and 858 Endurance.

Now, lets look at lets say the commando dps set. This set actually makes sense. The stats yield 914 aim and 884 Endurance. Oh wait, look at those stats comparatively to the sentinel. More of BOTH stats. So not only do they get a higher modifier for their dps....the endurance they get is more too. *** BIOWARE!!!!

So, either fix this stat imbalance, not to mention that sentinel is melee and should probably even receive more stats than the ranged class to make up for the lack of range dps. I don't really even care about the latter, just make the stats comparatively even!!!! It is this way spread across all class dps sets. Why are you giving sentinel the shaft on this????! If strength scales better then aim, let us know...if it somehow modifies something better and thats why we don't have as much of our base stat on our set...let us know.

that is all!
Squad 367 Member

Demmok's Avatar


Demmok
01.06.2012 , 10:25 AM | #2
This orange doesn't taste like an apple! Fix it immediately bioware!

Berezo's Avatar


Berezo
01.06.2012 , 10:28 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Demmok View Post
This orange doesn't taste like an apple! Fix it immediately bioware!
cool?
Squad 367 Member

Maddrox's Avatar


Maddrox
01.06.2012 , 10:32 AM | #4
Well in all honesty I have to say that the Stat allocation on gear has irked me abit aswell.

As a operative healer our raid gear is loaded with alacrity(haste) and considering it's a "worthless" stat for operative healers, since it doesn't reduce GCD, nor increase HoT ticks. I am better off going for the pvp set since that has a load of power/crit/surge on it.

But I'll see how they design the second set of gear once a new operation becomes available, hopefully they will listen to player feedback on this point and better itemize the the next sets(s)

Tikita's Avatar


Tikita
01.06.2012 , 10:37 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Berezo View Post
Just curious as to why the Jedi sentinel is getting shafted when it comes to raiding gear. The columi set for the sentinel should be, as you should know, geared more so towards DPS since that is all that they can do. Instead, you give us stats that cater almost just as equally to endurance. The current sentinel set including all the pieces (implants, earpiece, etc.) yields 882 Strength and 858 Endurance.

Now, lets look at lets say the commando dps set. This set actually makes sense. The stats yield 914 aim and 884 Endurance. Oh wait, look at those stats comparatively to the sentinel. More of BOTH stats. So not only do they get a higher modifier for their dps....the endurance they get is more too. *** BIOWARE!!!!

So, either fix this stat imbalance, not to mention that sentinel is melee and should probably even receive more stats than the ranged class to make up for the lack of range dps. I don't really even care about the latter, just make the stats comparatively even!!!! It is this way spread across all class dps sets. Why are you giving sentinel the shaft on this????! If strength scales better then aim, let us know...if it somehow modifies something better and thats why we don't have as much of our base stat on our set...let us know.

that is all!
Do you get more secondary stats such as Crit / Surge / Alacrity than the Commando set?

Sildroni's Avatar


Sildroni
01.06.2012 , 10:37 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Maddrox View Post
Well in all honesty I have to say that the Stat allocation on gear has irked me abit aswell.

As a operative healer our raid gear is loaded with alacrity(haste) and considering it's a "worthless" stat for operative healers, since it doesn't reduce GCD, nor increase HoT ticks. I am better off going for the pvp set since that has a load of power/crit/surge on it.

But I'll see how they design the second set of gear once a new operation becomes available, hopefully they will listen to player feedback on this point and better itemize the the next sets(s)
Isn't Alacrity reducing the cast time on your heals? (KoltoProbe/DiagScan are the only ones Im familiar with)
Sqn ()
eleven*ELEVEN*eleven

"Improvised interrogations are my speciality."

Togx's Avatar


Togx
01.06.2012 , 10:38 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Maddrox View Post
But I'll see how they design the second set of gear once a new operation becomes available, hopefully they will listen to player feedback on this point and better itemize the the next sets(s)
Hopefully they'll also make alacrity a better stat.

Berezo's Avatar


Berezo
01.06.2012 , 10:41 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tikita View Post
Do you get more secondary stats such as Crit / Surge / Alacrity than the Commando set?
nah they are +/- 2-5 in varying area. Those pretty much equal out...accuracy, crit, surge, power etc. It's the base stats that are alarming.
Squad 367 Member

Fizil's Avatar


Fizil
01.06.2012 , 10:46 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Sildroni View Post
Isn't Alacrity reducing the cast time on your heals? (KoltoProbe/DiagScan are the only ones Im familiar with)
An Operative being able to heal faster is almost useless, we have to maintain high energy levels to maintain high energy regen. Being able to heal faster ultimately just means being able to burn through energy faster, which we don't need.

No, it isn't totally useless, but of all the secondary stats: Crit/Surge/Power/Alacrity, it is probably the LEAST useful to an Operative.

Berezo's Avatar


Berezo
01.06.2012 , 11:06 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Fizil View Post
An Operative being able to heal faster is almost useless, we have to maintain high energy levels to maintain high energy regen. Being able to heal faster ultimately just means being able to burn through energy faster, which we don't need.

No, it isn't totally useless, but of all the secondary stats: Crit/Surge/Power/Alacrity, it is probably the LEAST useful to an Operative.
at least you guys get worthy base stat numbers
Squad 367 Member