Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Europe Awakes


Neurath's Avatar


Neurath
12.14.2011 , 09:13 AM | #691
Quote: Originally Posted by iSuperiority View Post
lol'd


Americans thinking they're the centre of the Universe


And who care's if it's an American product...

Did we hold back access or service to America when we invented the following...

Penicillin
The Mechanical Computer
The Electronic Computer
Steam Power
The Seed Drill
The Seismograph
The Umbrella
Viagra
Polyester
The Lawnmower
The Fax Machine
Depth Charges
Scuba Suits

I could go on.....so i shall.

Radar
The Television
The Telephone
The Hovercraft
The Jet Engine
The Combustion Engine
The Periodic Table

The internet...


Pretty sure you had equal treatment in distribution in most if not all of these things. So show us some love for your computer games


EDIT: And by "we", i mean the English/Scottish.
QFT and i must say a legendary post that made me laugh!
Come to me as a friend and a friend you shall be, but cross me or harm me and I'll cut you in three!
Imperialist:

MocnyBrowarek's Avatar


MocnyBrowarek
12.14.2011 , 09:14 AM | #692
Quote: Originally Posted by Mordecay View Post
I'm from Poland too, tbh even on Polish standards your earnings are very low (actually i think below national average atm.) - doubt u have full time job?

Aaand don't forget about online services that will be up soon after game launch (allegro.pl, cdkeys.pl etc.) i'm sure you will be able to buy prepaid online much lower then that same thing is with WoW atm

I'm student so I make any job I can find... ahh and i pay for study 550 PLN/month soo I am very rich person ;P ...

About pre paids I remember on allegro they were a bit cheaper 80 PLN or so. But what I was trying to do is compare game prices in Poland and rest of EU...

PS. At least germans are selling they games cheap in Poland Gothic & Gothic 2 for ever the best :]

Talvathir's Avatar


Talvathir
12.14.2011 , 09:18 AM | #693
+1 from another pre-ordering, euro-paying swede.

Go us .

On a side note: yesterday I was playing a bit of Lord of the Rings online, at 13:30 I filed a support ticket, 13:36 it was resolved and closed by a senior game master. I asked him where he was and he said eastern US. Admittedly, LOTRO has been up and running in the US for about a year or so (and several years before that in europe), here's hoping BW can make something like that happen somewhere along the line as well.

Selvetarm's Avatar


Selvetarm
12.14.2011 , 09:21 AM | #694
finally something constructive. well done OP

moerken's Avatar


moerken
12.14.2011 , 09:25 AM | #695
And since EU have 500mil pop (not included Russia)

Tiradin's Avatar


Tiradin
12.14.2011 , 09:31 AM | #696
Oh I dunno, the fact that the game was made in the first place?

The fact that all the preorders have a chance to play before regular launch customers? (regardless of when)

Why the hell would you bother complaining? Or trolling a post that doesn't even concern you? Seems like you've got too much time on your hands.
General Tiradin ,-=;****;=-,
http://sardaukar.guildlaunch.com
"Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet"

Inadharion's Avatar


Inadharion
12.14.2011 , 09:34 AM | #697
Good point, 5 starred

UrbanChili's Avatar


UrbanChili
12.14.2011 , 09:40 AM | #698
Quote: Originally Posted by KakitaHoshi View Post
Dear Bioware, Bioware Europe

Personally, i think the staggered launch was a good idea.

Also, I understand that there is a cutoff point each day, where you want to go home, have some rest, and let a skeleton crew run things until the major part of staff gets back and gets things rolling again.



However, what i do not understand is that why, now that launch is here, Bioware Europe is held back by US office times.

The European Servers are almost empty. Who is on there, has moved on from the starting areas. Bioware Europe staff is clocking in as I write.

Why isn't Bioware Europe getting it's next share of invites? Why are they held back?

Here in Europe, were the working day just started, there is absolutly no reason not to have another wave of invites.


I ask this, not only because I am very anxious to start playing on my day off - wich i didn't take for the game, it IS my day off, my version of weekend. Not everyone works Mo-Fri 9-5 - but also for another reason, wich is important to me, and i think many Europeans

That reason is the following question: Will Europeans get European based and timed service, and it is a valid one. I know you are an US based company, but you have an Bioware Europe office, and European servers.

Based on that, we expect, and reasonably so, service wich caters to us.

Be honest, you would find it weird if a US based mercedes dealer would only operate during European workhours, would you not?

So please, inform us Europeans why our service, for wich we DO pay, is tied to US hours.

Oh, and to all posters: Thank you for staying civil in this thread!
Quote: Originally Posted by KakitaHoshi View Post
Oh, and to all posters: Thank you for staying civil in this thread!
I guess that didn't happen

I agree with you. We always have to wait until very late before anything happens from the game companies. I hope that if they throw events they will think about the time different.
_____________________________________

A'Nuea

Neurath's Avatar


Neurath
12.14.2011 , 09:40 AM | #699
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfslain View Post
1- Thanks
2- Russians make terrorists? This must be a European thing.
3- Thanks again.
4- Germans tend to be verbs infrequently. More likely is the association with Nazis.
5- Catch more flies with honey, as they say
6- Only the Dodge Challenger is the best. Otherwise Europe and Asia make good cars.
7- Can I follow you on Twitter? Seriously, you make me smile every time you say that.
8- The Center of our Universe is so unlikely to be me. Agree to Disagree.
9- But Hamburgers are so good. Also, I'm not fat. Man, I really want a burger now! Thanks a lot, European person....
10- No, but we can reliably decimate someone's economy. I vote Brazil next, personally. I hear they have tasty nuts.
11- Why would we need to know where France is? Every time we need France's help they get in boats and come help us. This one time we got into boats and helped France, but we got there from England. Which was nearby, and filled with people who speak a real language. American.
Oh boy, most of what you've said i can shrug off but your last line is utter trollop. the English made the language hence its got (En) next to your flag you nom.
Come to me as a friend and a friend you shall be, but cross me or harm me and I'll cut you in three!
Imperialist:

DarthCosmin's Avatar


DarthCosmin
12.14.2011 , 09:41 AM | #700
Quote: Originally Posted by iSuperiority View Post
You mentioned knowledge of Geography?

Here's a nice link for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9INBcpcjkJY
Irrelevant..

Same questions were addressed to europeans in a different vid, and some answered just as stupid..

Stop calling US, Euro, Russians or any other nation stupid..

Stupidity is a universal thing, the concentration of stupidity is a constant within every nation.