Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Europe Awakes

Kalantris
12.14.2011 , 02:32 AM | #21
I remember european support on Warhammer Online and Aion and if the pattern continues I'm surely one of many, that will unsubscribe due to the lack of customer service. It's not that I'm raging or hating, I'm just not all that keen on paying for something I don't get.

The problem is, that, obviously, you need a lot of staff to handle something like the whole pre-access deal they're dealing with right now, so I'd expect Bioware to handle this using their best and most competent employees. That's probably the reason behind the US office handling it. The EU office is new and after GOA's performance I'd stick with my office too .

Best regards,
Kalantris
Voluntas Vincit Omnia

Nighenhale
12.14.2011 , 02:33 AM | #22
It's the same with every MMO I have experienced so far, even Age of Conan which was created in Scandinavia made everything run around the United States. It would have been a huge surprise if Bioware acted any different in this regard.

Ah well, I doubt that will ever change...

Skyrider_dk
12.14.2011 , 02:33 AM | #23
Just my 2cent on Server's-EU

I Think BW have a damn Great job untill now.!! They are doing a smooth EGA
Hint last night when i chech server list ( EU-servers) they where all FULL

Soo dont say EU dont get waves of inv ;-)

Ps. I dit not get in yet, but hey its only a Game ;-)
Regards.
Skyrider_dk
Proud GM@Band of Brothers
http://www.swtor.com/guilds/198126/band-brothers

LilithPaige
12.14.2011 , 02:36 AM | #24
*waves hello to fellow EU'ers* 8.30am here and Im red eyed and snotty nosed. WAY better than bright eyed and bushy tailed.

I agree with OP, so Can I get in now please? Promise I dont want a US server. Cant wait to play where events will happen in my OWN time! After 3 years of PWI stuck with US servers and US events I never had access too.

Nighenhale
12.14.2011 , 02:37 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Skyrider_dk View Post
Just my 2cent on Server's-EU

I Think BW have a damn Great job untill now.!! They are doing a smooth EGA
Hint last night when i chech server list ( EU-servers) they where all FULL

Soo dont say EU dont get waves of inv ;-)

Ps. I dit not get in yet, but hey its only a Game ;-)
Nobody is saying europeans don't get their waves, but that the waves are based around US work hours. Big difference.

mufutiz
12.14.2011 , 02:41 AM | #26
Because companies like EA don't care. They know you are going to give them your money anyway, so why bother to put in extra effort.

RoDahl
12.14.2011 , 02:41 AM | #27
I absolutely agree. With a world wide roll-out of an application, you need local or at least regional support/maintenance organizations.

It's a little worrying that BW/EA hasn't given this more attention, EU is a huge market.

Hang in there / R

Mooglyn
12.14.2011 , 02:42 AM | #28
Totally agree with the Fat slug.... i mean OP Slug.

Posting Times such as 8am CST (only)....that dosent mean crap to me.

Only time i care about is "CET", so ya im swedish (GMT+1)

bigoldbear
12.14.2011 , 02:42 AM | #29
This has been the first valid thread making a complaint (of sorts) that I have read. It is 8.38 in England right now and I find myself available to log on, or at least be considered for it if my number came up. I have worked nights and I know BioWare has a few bucks in the bank, so a night shift crew in the States (presuming there isn't a viable European hub) would not be impossible to imagine.

However, I think the real reason is that BioWare do not want to get ahead of themselves. they know the numbers they want to unload onto the servers each day (and we are still part of a stress test, which I am perfectly happy with) and this is an easy way to apply the brakes.

Whatever the reason, I can live with it, mainly because there isn't an alternative. I always used to think I was an impatient sort, but it turns out I'm Buddhist Mink material compared to what I've seen on multiple wailing threads here.

Anakronist
12.14.2011 , 02:42 AM | #30
They should of sent the whole EU batch of preorders to an office in Europe to deal with the waves here, and kept the ones for US in the US.

Because of the time difference it only makes sense.