Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Europe Awakes

XionoraSoulfire
12.14.2011 , 02:25 AM | #11
Good point OP, this is something that has been bugging me too.
Evil will always triumph....
Because good is Dumb.

Chikai
12.14.2011 , 02:25 AM | #12
Was it stated somewhere that European invites have to start at 9:00 in the morning? Does it really matter when they start or end?

Kooto
12.14.2011 , 02:27 AM | #13
. .
+1

Nymphador
12.14.2011 , 02:27 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Chikai View Post
Was it stated somewhere that European invites have to start at 9:00 in the morning? Does it really matter when they start or end?

I believe it does matter. This is not only about EGA rather than about providing service to EU as a whole.

Im thankful that we have the same launch day for example. But im curious about these timezones.
There are 10 kind of people, those who know binary and those who doesn't

Amberres
12.14.2011 , 02:27 AM | #15
This is an excellent question - seeing as BW seem intent on running every facet of the game so far in accordance with American hours - I am hoping that they will not stick us with US hours of service!

They probably will. It happens with most MMORPG's out there.

When Americans go to bed the servers go down for maintenance. For Europe maintenance will occur during day time mostly.

Joretur
12.14.2011 , 02:28 AM | #16
Don't worry, those of us stateside are wondering what they are smoking as well. They stopped all the invites before noon even hit on the west coast...

XionoraSoulfire
12.14.2011 , 02:29 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Chikai View Post

Considering the 6 to 9 hours of time difference (with CET) it does actually matter.
I'm not saying we should have had EGA sooner in general, but the Second day and onwards they should have kept the EU in mind more.
Evil will always triumph....
Because good is Dumb.

revial
12.14.2011 , 02:30 AM | #18
It's ok Europe. Only five and a half more hours 'till Bioware gets back into the office and starts invites again.

By then, many of you will be just getting off work and have your evenings ahead of you. Not exactly bad timing.
I may now be playing with 140 ms ping (that sometimes jumps up to 240),
but I'll still kick your behind.
Enjoying the game again on Jung Ma.
Classes left to level: Gunslinger, Assassin, Powertech

sprasz
12.14.2011 , 02:30 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by KakitaHoshi View Post
Dear Bioware, Bioware Europe

Personally, i think the staggered launch was a good idea.

Also, I understand that there is a cutoff point each day, where you want to go home, have some rest, and let a skeleton crew run things until the major part of staff gets back and gets things rolling again.

However, what i do not understand is that why, now that launch is here, Bioware Europe is held back by US office times.

The European Servers are almost empty. Who is on there, has moved on from the starting areas. Bioware Europe staff is clocking in as I write.

Why isn't Bioware Europe getting it's next share of invites? Why are they held back?

Here in Europe, were the working day just started, there is absolutly no reason not to have another wave of invites.

I ask this, not only because I am very anxious to start playing on my day off - wich i didn't take for the game, it IS my day off, my version of weekend. Not everyone works Mo-Fri 9-5 - but also for another reason, wich is important to me, and i think many Europeans

That reason is the following question: Will Europeans get European based and timed service, and it is a valid one. I know you are an US based company, but you have an Bioware Europe office, and European servers.

Based on that, we expect, and reasonably so, service wich caters to us.

Be honest, you would find it weird if a US based mercedes dealer would only operate during European workhours, would you not?

So please, inform us Europeans why our service, for wich we DO pay, is tied to US hours.

Oh, and to all posters: Thank you for staying civil in this thread!
THIS..why the **** should we sit and waite for the Americans to wake up from there beauty sleep and go to work....at that time its afternoon in europa make no sence.

Draecon
12.14.2011 , 02:31 AM | #20
You'd think that EU being a significantly larger market then US might make a difference.
Or the fact that they make more money from Europe than US. Business 1 on 1. It would be foolish not to change maintenance time for Europe and I'm sure it will happen.