Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Europe Awakes

KakitaHoshi
12.14.2011 , 02:08 AM | #1
Dear Bioware, Bioware Europe

Personally, i think the staggered launch was a good idea.

Also, I understand that there is a cutoff point each day, where you want to go home, have some rest, and let a skeleton crew run things until the major part of staff gets back and gets things rolling again.

However, what i do not understand is that why, now that launch is here, Bioware Europe is held back by US office times.

The European Servers are almost empty. Who is on there, has moved on from the starting areas. Bioware Europe staff is clocking in as I write.

Why isn't Bioware Europe getting it's next share of invites? Why are they held back?

Here in Europe, were the working day just started, there is absolutly no reason not to have another wave of invites.

I ask this, not only because I am very anxious to start playing on my day off - wich i didn't take for the game, it IS my day off, my version of weekend. Not everyone works Mo-Fri 9-5 - but also for another reason, wich is important to me, and i think many Europeans

That reason is the following question: Will Europeans get European based and timed service, and it is a valid one. I know you are an US based company, but you have an Bioware Europe office, and European servers.

Based on that, we expect, and reasonably so, service wich caters to us.

Be honest, you would find it weird if a US based mercedes dealer would only operate during European workhours, would you not?

So please, inform us Europeans why our service, for wich we DO pay, is tied to US hours.

Oh, and to all posters: Thank you for staying civil in this thread!
Really, my forum name should read Fat Slug
CE idiot

Animar
12.14.2011 , 02:12 AM | #2
Good point, and certainly this is the case in every US mmo I've played, it's taken time before the EU get's it own time schedual for patches and reboots etc, it will take much moaning from the EU player base for this to happen, at least from previous experience.

We won't get any emails untill 2pm today, we will just have to deal with that, this is their baby and they are dealing with the rollout.

Nymphador
12.14.2011 , 02:14 AM | #3
Well, honestly i have been wondering about this too. Would like to hear some update on this issue and not only in relation to EGA but to game as a whole in future (maintanences for servers etc...)
There are 10 kind of people, those who know binary and those who doesn't

J-Sheridan
12.14.2011 , 02:14 AM | #4
USA is the only region that counts, everywhere else can go get stuffed.

- Official Bioware policy

Look at the server listings and see who got the most servers,

During BETA the fools at Bioware thought Europe should get ONE English server and 4 - 5 French / German servers.

Then they expanded that English selection to: 3
Then they expanded that English selection to: 5

Pro-tip -
The UK alone has 60 Million people in it.
It takes a special kind if idiot to think ONE English server is going to service EUROPE but BW have demonstrated this stupidity enough times to make it clear they have no interest in considering Europe as anything less than a bonus to their PRIMARY playerbase which is the US.

flipperty
12.14.2011 , 02:16 AM | #5
Good point by the OP. let's see what unfolds.

Amberres
12.14.2011 , 02:20 AM | #6
I agree with the OP.

It's 9.19 CET, most of Europe's wide awake staring at 'light servers' with no option to play.

DarthCosmin
12.14.2011 , 02:22 AM | #7
I fully agree with you.
It's 10:19 AM in Eastern Europe. I will start working late night at 22:00.
I see empty servers and lots of people waiting for their access.

This proves me that in life, there is no balance, only extremes: some at launch flood the servers making launch day unplayable and frustrating, Bioware trying to avoid that kept the servers way underpopulated.

Can't there be a middle path???

Elendil_PL
12.14.2011 , 02:23 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Amberres View Post
I agree with the OP.
Me too.

+1

Sentanta
12.14.2011 , 02:23 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by KakitaHoshi View Post

Will Europeans get European based and timed service, and it is a valid one. I know you are an US based company, but you have an Bioware Europe office, and European servers.

Based on that, we expect, and reasonably so, service which caters to us.

Be honest, you would find it weird if a US based mercedes dealer would only operate during European workhours, would you not?

So please, inform us Europeans why our service, for which we DO pay, is tied to US hours.

Oh, and to all posters: Thank you for staying civil in this thread!
This is an excellent question - seeing as BW seem intent on running every facet of the game so far in accordance with American hours - I am hoping that they will not stick us with US hours of service!
“Good against remotes is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.”

A home for SWG vets!

Nymphador
12.14.2011 , 02:24 AM | #10
Although i do believe that they are sending those EGA invites eqaully to both sides of the ocean, its kinda weird that we have to wait on our EGA till late evening. Especially when we have to get up for work next morning and cant play as much during the nighttime.
There are 10 kind of people, those who know binary and those who doesn't