Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Emperor vs Darth Sidious

Kaedusz
09.27.2013 , 11:45 PM | #431
The Sith Emperor should be compared to The Son,not Sidious.With the exception that the sith emperor is much more evil than the The Son ,which means in certain circumstances i would consider him a greater threat.
If we consider post ep6 EU ,Sidious is yes the most powerful sith lord ever.But Vitiate is no sith lord.

Wolfninjajedi
09.28.2013 , 06:22 AM | #432
This is still going on? Why?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

AlexDougherty
09.28.2013 , 09:48 AM | #433
Quote: Originally Posted by DARTHOSIRUS View Post
I believe Sidious to be among the top powerful sith lords ever but I don't believe he is the most powerful. I agree with what a terrifying devil this Vitiate was. I really don't think Sidious would stand a chance. When I say Sidious I am refering to non EA Sidious. It is clear EA Sidious becomes something more and is far more more powerful then he was in ROTS and prior. EA Sith would not need a deathstar to destroy planets, he would not have to kill his master in his sleep, and he would certainly be able to to stop Vader from throwing him into the reactor on the second death star. Sidious used his most powerful lightning and still couldn't save himself from Vader's wrath. EA Sidious could turn 100 storm legion to ash with his force lightning. EA Sidious and Vitiate are darkside force Gods who are probably pretty close in power. Who is more powerful is really hard to speculate because they never actually dueled.
Do you mean EU rather than EA, EU stands for expanded Universe, meaning everything that isn't the films.

But the thing is Sidious aka Palpatine was way more powerful than Vitiate, Vitiate manage with a ritual to create a Force Storm that covered half a planet, Sidious without any ritual covered an entire planet with a force storm, similar sized planets too.

Yes, Vitiate went down the whole force god route, and was probably the most powerful Sith after Sidious, but Sidious was in a whole other league, he too could become a disembodied intelligence, and could have done everything Vitiate could do, maybe not as easily with somethings, due to lack of practice. But he wanted to rule directly rather than recreate the galaxy, so took a different route, but when you compare the things they actually did, Sidious is completely overpowered.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

AlexDougherty
09.28.2013 , 09:49 AM | #434
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
The Sith Emperor should be compared to The Son,not Sidious.With the exception that the sith emperor is much more evil than the The Son ,which means in certain circumstances i would consider him a greater threat.
If we consider post ep6 EU ,Sidious is yes the most powerful sith lord ever.But Vitiate is no sith lord.
Um, yes he is, an extremely powerful Sith, but a Sith never the less.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Kaedusz
09.28.2013 , 03:04 PM | #435
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post

Yes, Vitiate went down the whole force god route, and was probably the most powerful Sith after Sidious, but Sidious was in a whole other league, .
I would say the same thing,but the other way around.Vitiate is in a whole other league.
There is no way the guy i saw in the movies or in the Plagueis novel can be an Emperor of a Sith Empire for 1300 years.The post ep 6 EU aside,i can't comprehend how can people think that is the most powerful force user in SW.
For god's sake Vitiate knew advanced force techniques at he age of six.He didn't have ''potential'' ,he didn't have a sleeping power inside him.He *knew advanced force techniques'' at an age in which Palpatine was playing with a stick in the yard.At the age of 10 he defeated a Sith Lord and sucked the force out of him.
Comon... i mean it's obvious who is more powerful.

sell-dog
09.28.2013 , 03:13 PM | #436
For god's sake Vitiate knew advanced force techniques at he age of six.He didn't have ''potential'' ,he didn't have a sleeping power inside him.He *knew advanced force techniques'' at an age in which Palpatine was playing with a stick in the yard.At the age of 10 he defeated a Sith Lord and sucked the force out of him.
Just because Sidious didn't murder someone at six doesn't mean that he wasn't using the Force at a young age. As a newborn, Sidious scared the crap out of his parents because he was too powerful, dark, and unusual and his parents had him tested to ensure he was their own. Sidious also at a very young age inherently suppressed his Force Signature/Dark Side Presence with absolutely no training whatsoever and maintained it for 15ish years. Take note as a comparison that Darth Bane, a top 10 Sith per community rankings, among others is never stated as learning this ability and Sidious did it without training. Sidious suppressed his ability so much that Plagueis, a top 5 Sith, had problems determining if Sidious was Force-Sensitive yet alone how powerful he was.
"What's the difference between hot and cold doughnuts?"
"The difference is: cold ones I can eat 8, hot ones I can eat 48!"

Kaedusz
09.28.2013 , 03:30 PM | #437
Quote: Originally Posted by sell-dog View Post
Just because Sidious didn't murder someone at six doesn't mean that he wasn't using the Force at a young age. As a newborn, Sidious scared the crap out of his parents because he was too powerful, dark, and unusual and his parents had him tested to ensure he was their own. Sidious also at a very young age inherently suppressed his Force Signature/Dark Side Presence with absolutely no training whatsoever and maintained it for 15ish years. Take note as a comparison that Darth Bane, a top 10 Sith per community rankings, among others is never stated as learning this ability and Sidious did it without training. Sidious suppressed his ability so much that Plagueis, a top 5 Sith, had problems determining if Sidious was Force-Sensitive yet alone how powerful he was.
Some of the things you said are made up,but still:

pod racing as a sign of force sensitivity ,knowing he is unusual,Plagueis being unable to read his mind < knowing Force Drain,advanced telekinetics,just like that as a kid,without any training,being a lord of a planet,being able to kill a sith lord } - all this before the age 13.
I repeat he killed his parents using the force at the age of 6,on purpose ,without any training,just like that.- do you even know how young 6 is?

sell-dog
09.28.2013 , 03:43 PM | #438
pod racing as a sign of force sensitivity ,knowing he is unusual,Plagueis being unable to read his mind < knowing Force Drain,advanced telekinetics,just like that as a kid,without any training,being a lord of a planet,being able to kill a sith lord } - all this before the age 13.
Maybe I spoke too much of Sid's feats that it made it seem I was giving an opinion in that post. I was just illustrating that Sidious was doing some subtle but very impressive feats with the Force at a young age and not just playing with sticks until Plagueis showed up. However, what if part of the reason why Sidious inherently suppressed his signature was because he lived in the Republic in a time when the Sith/Dark Side was perceived to be no more/uncommon/evil or however you want to describe it whereas Vitiate was living in the midst of the Sith Empire's Golden Age and thus had no fear, aside from rival competition, of making his true Dark Side self known. If Sid had no concern and lived among Sith what do you think would've happened? It's very conceivable that Sidious might have taken over Naboo if it was part of the Sith Empire at a young age as Naboo, like Nathema, was considered a not top tier planet of the Republic/Sith Empire respectively.

I do agree that Vitiate's feats at a young age edge Sidious but I maintain my opinion that some part of this is due to the governing body/times in which they lived.

sell-dog
09.28.2013 , 03:46 PM | #439
Some of the things you said are made up,but still:
Which part is made up?

I've been listening to the Plagueis audiobook (narrator is awesome and those who've already read the book should listen to it also!!!) and just got to the part where Sid becomes Sith so my Sid background is pretty fresh in my head but I know I'm not perfect.

sell-dog
09.28.2013 , 03:54 PM | #440
do you even know how young 6 is?
Yes it's older than 5 but younger than 7

But seriously I don't think SW ages are equivalent to our cultures' ages. Naboo elected Padme when she was 13 and she wasn't the youngest they had ever elected. That would not happen in reality.

And yes I have worked children's summer camps so I know how old 6 is