Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nvidia driver issues

Konstantinov
01.06.2012 , 08:55 AM | #1
I have a gtx 590, and have been having driver issues where my screen will lock up in warzones and on Illum and I'll have to tab out. When I tab out I get an error saying my drivers have stopped working. I've tried both the current drivers and some beta drivers. I'm rolling back now and trying out drivers 275.33, hopefully it will by some miracle fix the issue. I was wondering if anyone else with nvidia cards had encountered this?
Konstantinov
The Durmanhoth Clan
Death comes for us all, if you're not DC it just comes sooner!

Jobbin
01.08.2012 , 11:54 PM | #2
I made a post concerning my GTX 280 Nvidia Card that locked up on me after the Patch right after New Years. I was in Beta and EGA and had NO Issues till That Patch. Now my card locks up...I updated And rolled back Drivers to no avail and now my card won't play Neverwinter Nights 2 or Full Screen Video w/o the Same Screen Lock Up Artifacts.

With Nvidia giving so much love to Skyrim...why arn't they crushing the math to make SWTOR work? Are they not getting propper updates from BioWare? Who's make That call?
We are The Hunted, but will never be the prey...
The Hunted can be found here...

"Is this going to be a stand up fight or a bug hunt?"

Mardox
01.09.2012 , 12:01 AM | #3
really?? because I heard people where having issues with ATI drivers as well.

that really sucks man because there is zero customer support to help you out.
Han shot First

theunwarshed
01.09.2012 , 12:59 AM | #4
no BSOD, but i crash sometimes exiting out of WZ and (more frequently) transitioning from my ship to planet. i can tell when its coming as well, because the background graphic smears or tears while loading the new level.

i'm running 3x monitors at high res, but i've turned off shadows and lowered the shader complexity. still getting the crash but my fps is in the 100's (instead of 30's-40's).

frustrating trying to identify the problem.

my sys specs:

Case: Silverstone Fortress FT02
PSU: Seasonic x850
CPU: Intel I5-2500k @ 4200 Hz
Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
MB: Asus P67 Deluxe
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB DDR3 1600
GPU: Nvidia GTX 590 (driver ver 285.62) @ 5844 x 1080 res 3x Asus 236H monitors @120 Hz
Sys/Game Drive: Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
Data Drive: Samsung Spin Point F3R 1 TB HDD
Good against remotes is one thing ▀▀ị█ị█ị█ị█ị▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

belhawk
01.09.2012 , 01:08 AM | #5
i haven't had any problems. Try using drive cleaner after removing your vid driver for a clean install. I am using the latest beta driver 290.53
cpu: intel i7 3820 w/8 gigs ram monitor: Asus 24" PB 278
gpu: 2x eVGA gtx 980 w/361.43 O/S: Win 7 64bit
audio: Sound Blaster ZX case: CM Storm

Shuemue
01.09.2012 , 01:10 AM | #6
You know things are screwy when the nVidia driver suite recognises SWTOR as World Rally Challenge 2011 or w/e

synapz_
01.09.2012 , 02:02 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Shuemue View Post
You know things are screwy when the nVidia driver suite recognises SWTOR as World Rally Challenge 2011 or w/e
Ahh...and there i thought that game got somehow secretly installed on my computer ;-) I mean the "World Rally Challenge".
Running on 590 myself and if I don't try to force AA on the gamne it plays quite well, even though it's so ugly with all that ugly aliasing.

Paladins_Strife
01.09.2012 , 04:13 AM | #8
I would just like to say that I have a GTX 460 and am forced to use the 275.33 drivers. For some reason all of the 280.xx drivers constantly stop responding. This is a known issue with those drivers and Nvidia has promised to fix them in the 290.xx series of drivers. There are forum posts on the Nvidia site related to this. Not everyone has this issue with those drivers however (I think it's dependent on your graphics card).

With that said, the 275.33 drivers aren't so bad. They never crash and I get a respectable 40-60 fps in game, which is certainly playable for me. I hope the 275.33 drivers work for you OP, they have been good for me for many months.
"If that thing eats us you're fired" ~ Master Orgus Din

WIllfred
01.09.2012 , 04:16 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Paladins_Strife View Post
I would just like to say that I have a GTX 460 and am forced to use the 275.33 drivers. For some reason all of the 280.xx drivers constantly stop responding. This is a known issue with those drivers and Nvidia has promised to fix them in the 290.xx series of drivers. There are forum posts on the Nvidia site related to this. Not everyone has this issue with those drivers however (I think it's dependent on your graphics card).

With that said, the 275.33 drivers aren't so bad. They never crash and I get a respectable 40-60 fps in game, which is certainly playable for me. I hope the 275.33 drivers work for you OP, they have been good for me for many months.
I have the GTX 460 on my computer and i experience 0 problems with the latest drivers.

GarmiMobar
01.09.2012 , 04:24 AM | #10
Hi, when you guys refer to the latest driver, are you talking about the beta driver 290.53? I had installed 280.26 with my GTX550Ti and got that problem too...:

Quote:
"Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 280.26 stopped responding and has succesfully recovered."
Yesterday I installed the 285.62 version and I still got the same problem. Should i change to that 290.53?