Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Visions and Visionaries

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Visions and Visionaries

Ionlyplayoneontv
01.08.2013 , 09:04 PM | #61
I was a corruption spec sorc for these fights, and I had a hard time against several of these fights until I figured out one thing.

When these bosses cast their heal-over-time spell (I think it's Revivification) on themselves, it will greatly prolong the duration of the fight. This causes you to burn through more resources and cooldowns, and means they have more time to kill you. So the most important thing to do is to interrupt their heals.

So I did it like this:
1. Static Barrier up myself and my companion, then send him to tank.
2. As companion takes damage, continuing to use Static Barrier and Resurgence to keep him alive while throwing some damage on the boss.
3. When boss starts to cast his heal, hit him with an interrupt (generally Jolt).
4. Switch to healing companion back to full while Jolt is on cooldown.
5. Basically, repeat steps 2-4.

When I tried this strategy I was surprised by how much more quickly I was able to win these fights.

Akiviri
01.09.2013 , 08:57 AM | #62
Now I don't feel so bad lol

I solo'd Dream Walking portion at 41 and was cussing and b*tching the whole time . Tough fights definitely - as they were the first time underleveled. But if you think this is bad wait til you get to the next part. I'm getting another level or two for them. We tried it twice and got creamed both times lol.

Keys to the fights for me - if you didn't already: clear all the rooms first - then do the harder fights. As said above, heal Khem (if you're using him, I always use him) interrupt heals and the AOE for Zash and Thanaton. Thundering blast is bad, but manageable - AOE (forget the name) hits both of you and for more (I think) unless you LOS him pulling Khem out. For me that was more of a pain than healing through the one or two times I couldn't interrupt it. Don't be afraid to let Khem die if they only have a bit of health left, even though I have free force lightning (talented get back 1% each use) it's just faster to keep DPSing instead of switching to heals again. I left him die to Zash with her at about 15% I think maybe less, and I had just enough force to bubble myself and stun her once, then finished her off. I'm sure it irritated him but the point is she's dead (again) lol. Thanaton he had a tiny sliver of health left.

Akiviri
01.09.2013 , 09:04 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Sargon View Post
I'm sure this is a very dumb question, but what does it mean to LOS someone?
LOS = Line Of Sight. Put something between you and the bad guy, and he can't hit you. Vice-Versa also.

Ohhsir
01.26.2013 , 05:24 PM | #64
I tried soloing the dream walking bit at lvl 41 and got creamed. I came back at 42 with Khem as a tank and died once to Zash and once to Thanaton, and I was really pleased at that. This was crazy hard for me as well, though I should have used Heroic Moment and maybe it'd have been easier!

42 Sorc - Madness build with lightning