Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Visions and Visionaries

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Visions and Visionaries

Suzina
01.06.2012 , 08:50 AM | #1
This class quest is insanely hard.

I had to get help for it. My fight against one boss alone required me to never miss an inturrupt, and as a healer to combo resurgance (for crit from force bending), innervate (for force surge to make consumption free) and then consompution to restore my health. If I got unlucky with the crits 3 times in a row, I lost. If I missed an inturrupt on her twice in a row, I lost because one boss could two-shot Khem Val. And I had to keep this up for over 5 minutes of fighting.

This is the same level as the quest. Underlevel? forget it. That was fine for the previous quests in the chain, but not this one.

EDIT: Also frustrating with this quest, if you die in the dream there's no medical probe and no respawn location nearby. You have to drive from town each time. And there's a spot to the right archway where if you jump trying to avoid some golden crab dreams, you get stuck and /stuck always kills you, never actually unstucks you.
Member of Bane Fleet

Avant
01.06.2012 , 10:47 AM | #2
yea i soloed everything and it cost me a ton of money.

it would have been smarter to ask my big clan for help but i took it as a challenge.

im a dps assassin and khem didnt work.

i had to go healer for 2 of the big boys and blaser boy for last.

loopgru
01.07.2012 , 03:59 PM | #3
It's definitely a pain, but I got through it at 43 as a tank specced assassin. The thing to remember here is the same thing people forget before that certain climactic fight at the end of Act I- even with NPCs, if a spell has a cast time and targets you, it can be LoSed.

hiddenpuudji
01.07.2012 , 04:53 PM | #4
I did this at level and succeeded by about 10% of life. Tough fight but ever since level 40 i've started spending money on gear and good upgrades for me and khem...like looking at every slot of orange gear and spending commendations or AH'ing for upgrades. Also make sure your relics are up to date and pop them accordingly.

I tend to do all the current space dailies (although they seem way harder at around level 45 than ever before) and the pvp daily (till I win) before doing anything else, which nets me enough money to support my new upgrade habit.
╟╣|||||||||φ╟╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Puudji - Sorc - Nadd's Sarcophagus

Aethyrprime
01.07.2012 , 07:51 PM | #5
?

Really? I been ranting to my whole guild about how fun and powerful my Tankasin is in PVE and world PvP so far. I've been solo'ing (on purpose because I like a challenge) heroic 2 mans at level and sometimes higher level, elites up to 3 levels higher, some champs up to 2 levels higher and strong up to about 5 levels higher and groups of normal mobs up-to 8 levels higher..

Are we playing the same game?

PS I've killed every player I've encountered in World PvP without a single death from 1-50.. Counting upwards of 100+ 1v1 encounters. I've fought every class and more than once 2 at a time and still come out the winner. This is the swiss army knife of a class.. it has a button for every situation.

Canarith
01.07.2012 , 08:20 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Aethyrprime View Post
?

Really? I been ranting to my whole guild about how fun and powerful my Tankasin is in PVE and world PvP so far. I've been solo'ing (on purpose because I like a challenge) heroic 2 mans at level and sometimes higher level, elites up to 3 levels higher, some champs up to 2 levels higher and strong up to about 5 levels higher and groups of normal mobs up-to 8 levels higher..

Are we playing the same game?

PS I've killed every player I've encountered in World PvP without a single death from 1-50.. Counting upwards of 100+ 1v1 encounters. I've fought every class and more than once 2 at a time and still come out the winner. This is the swiss army knife of a class.. it has a button for every situation.
I know there are people that are quite good at PvP. I also know that tankasins can be quite good in PvE as well. However, I have to stop and wonder if this is a troll post or not. As soon as you said you never died in PvP from 1-50, killing everyone you faced, I knew you were just a troll. I don't know a single person in any game that can possibly claim they NEVER died once in PvP......

PvP is a competitive realm with many people excelling, some far more than others. But I doubt even the best have NEVER died in PvP coming up in level.

Aethyrprime
01.07.2012 , 10:56 PM | #7
No I am dead serious. I have quite literally ganked the **** out of repubs on the Tomb of Freedon Naad server. Hell I got more than 30 kills in one day on Tatooine alone. I however don't run around like an idiot all time out of stealth, I never use my Oh **** buttons in open world pve. I almost always attack those higher level than me. I rarely attack those lower unless they initiate it.

I understand some might think I am making a joke. But you can ask my guildies as they've been hearing about it for weeks. The IGN is Xaun btw.

I do not count warzones as PVP qualifying of this discussion as that is Mass PvP not "World PvP". I have died quite often in MASS PvP because I am a tank and guard the ball carrier/healers often.

OrionWolf
01.08.2012 , 02:22 AM | #8
Yes, this quest is insane especially at Thanaton. How he one shots with the lightening I haven't figured out. Even with interrupts on him. Best I have done so far is get him down to 10% then blam he one shots me with the lightening taking all my hp even with Stims and medpac an channel the force going

nassle
01.08.2012 , 03:46 AM | #9
After trying five times between levels 42-44 I finally beat Zash just to get a Thanaton and four of the 11k health monsters to the face. Real cool.
Kaysh Aaray
The Crimson Order
"May compassion fuel us."

Crimson Order's holonet

nassle
01.08.2012 , 03:56 AM | #10
I never want to do that again.
Kaysh Aaray
The Crimson Order
"May compassion fuel us."

Crimson Order's holonet