Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gearing in hard modes

Durtha
01.06.2012 , 10:23 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JuliusMidnight View Post
Cause WoW lets them do it, so they think it's fine here too, of course. I don't know how much it gimps the damage dealers, but tanks just drop like a rock, that's for sure.
LOL no, they dont, the difference between a piece of champ gear and columi geat same slot is maybe 20 end and 18 aim/str/willpower whatever.

Demmok
01.06.2012 , 10:23 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JuliusMidnight View Post
I know the stats the gear has and that it sorely lacks defense along with every bit of Expertise being completely useless in a PvE setting. There's a little more absorption than Defense, but not much still. If you've tanked that much in it, thank your healer as you made it more painful for him than it needed to be.
Expertise costs zero secondary stats so that's a null point. The same level pve gear will have the equivalent defense rating. I'll just be thankful my healer isn't you since you seem to be lacking in the hps area if you can't keep a champion geared tank up.

Perlexia
01.06.2012 , 10:40 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Demmok View Post
Expertise costs zero secondary stats so that's a null point. The same level pve gear will have the equivalent defense rating. I'll just be thankful my healer isn't you since you seem to be lacking in the hps area if you can't keep a champion geared tank up.
Except that expertise costs primary stats......

kowlier
01.06.2012 , 10:54 AM | #14
i tank hm's in champion gear and i don't have any issues with it. those 40 extra points from columni gear will not make the difference, ever. plus i have done 2 hardmode's since i became 50 over 1 week, so pvp gear is much easier to get by for me. those 20 tokens i got from the hardmode's won't net me even an earpiece, while the pvp gear is earned in like 3 days if you are lucky.

and before people say go do daily's on ilum or so, i hate pve grinding. im a pvp man...
only reason i do hm dungeon's is for the crafting materials.

JuliusMidnight
01.06.2012 , 11:32 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Demmok View Post
First off, the tanks I'm seeing have at best, 2 pvp pieces with Def on them. Most have none at all. That's not equivalent to a PvE geared tank at all.

Second, I am able to keep them up but it is much more difficult than a standard tank. The difference is obvious, nice of you to assume that I'm the one failing here though. Wonderful to always point the blame like that in a hostile way. My point of view comes from comparing tanks I have healed; those with PvP gear, and those with PvE. Funny since the PvE geared ones usually have worse quality gear too, but Def stats make all the difference.
A world without Damage Measurement
Quote: Originally Posted by Helagoth View Post
Without a damage meter, we'll be having things like "LFM for Eternity Vault, must be able to kill the First on Dromand kass in 45 seconds while we watch".